Seventeen

SILENCE

O.W.Ls IN PROGRESS

O.W.L EXAMINATIONS - YEAR 5

Use Magical Regulation 572

Azul Marino Ink ONLY

Cora thought she might vomit when she saw that sign in the morning. Not to mention Umbridge in all her pink satanic glory stood high and mighty at the very front of the transformed Great Hall. They had eaten breakfast but Cora now thought that might have been a bad idea. She couldn't even think about what she would do if it all came up during the exam.

Calming herself as much as possible, Cora hunched over and got to work the minute they were given the O.K. The first page was easy. The second page, even better. She glanced around and caught Hermione's eye. She seemed alright and of course Cora knew she was. She was Hermione Granger!

Cora made it to the first essay question before she was truly stumped. She'd learned that year that her opinions weren't taken by every teacher and probably wouldn't at all be taken by the ministry. Writing what everybody wanted to hear was harder than saying what she wanted to in a smart way.

She made it past the first paragraph before having to stop. The sweat gathering on her brow was almost too much.

Something rumbled behind the doors and only a few students took notice. Cora kept her head down, thinking a few first years probably made a mistake in class. Another rumble and more kids took notice. It wasn't until the fourth did Cora look up and Umbridge began the long walk back to the entrance. By now, even Hermione was paying attention. Cora turned around and watched as Umbridge stood, looking around to see what the trouble was.

Only the rumbling had stopped.

Something whizzed and Umbridge moved aside, letting a spark fly into the room and spark. Cora smiled and sat up taller, hoping more would come.

A few seconds of silence and Cora began to lose hope.

Suddenly two boys on a broom sped through and with a flash of red hair, and Cora knew it was the twins. They scattered everybody's tests and Cora was on her feet in an instant. She joined Hermione and the boys as the twins turned the ceiling into a beautiful sky, sending fireworks all over the place.

"Your family is amazing, Weasley!" Cora exclaimed.

"I know!" Ron laughed, throwing his arm over her shoulder.

Cora pointed over to her brother as he was attacked by a spark that left the imprint of his terrified face in the wall where he had been. The quartet broke into laughter, watching everyone who deserved it get their own.

Everybody stood back as one firecracker roared and sped after Umbridge. People made way, watching and laughing as it chased Umbridge in all its sparking glory all the way back out the doors. When she reached the entrance, it gobbled her up, sending sparks everywhere. Nobody moved as they watched the sparks stop and the walls rumbled as every rule Filch had put up, fell to the floor.

Some of the more excited students ran out after George and Fred who had flown out into the open sky and Cora followed them with her friends at her back. Other students seemed to have caught on as they joined the Fifth Years out in the courtyard to clap for the twins. George and Fred made their signature W with all the firecrackers and Cora nudged Hermione who even looked impressed.

It really was the people who made this school what it was. Cora couldn't imagine what it would be like after the twins graduated. Probably completely boring.

Cora turned back to get the reactions from the boys but Harry wasn't there. Cora looked down, seeing him on the ground, his eyes vacant and he didn't seem to be breathing right. Cora tugged at Hermione's arm and got down next to her struggling friend.

"What's happening?" She asked.

"Voldemort..." Hermione said it only loud enough for Cora to hear. "Apparently he has this new skill..."

"He's in his head." Cora finished for her.

Harry suddenly snapped out of it. "Sirius."

He was up in a flash and running through the crowd back into school. Cora quickly followed, knowing the other two would follow when they could.

It was hard keeping up with Harry when his adrenaline was pumping he was faster than any person should be.

"Harry, talk to us!" Cora begged as they ran.

"Voldemort has Sirius." He said quickly.

"Harry, are you sure?" Hermione asked behind them.

"I saw it!" Harry exclaimed. "It's just like with Mr. Weasley. It's the same door I've been dreaming about for months, only I couldn't remember where I'd seen it befoe.

"Sirius said Voldemort was after something. Something he didn't have the last time, and it's in the Department of Mysteries."

"Harry please just listen." Hermione whined. It was enough to make him stop running but they had to wait anyway as the stairs were changing. "What if Voldemort meant for you to see this. What if he's only hurting Sirius because he's trying to get to you?"

"Not to mention this isn't a place we can simply go in and walk out of with something that belongs to them Harry. The Department of Mysteries is no joke." Cora added.

"So what? I'm supposed to just let him die. Girls, he's the only family I've got left!" Harry replied.

The trio exchanged looks as Harry waited for them to say something. It seemed they were all in agreement.

"What do we do?" Ron asked.

"We'll use the Floo Network." Harry said, bounding up the stairs again.

"But Umbridge has them all under surveillance." Cora said.

"Not all of them!"

The four of them changed out of their robes quickly. They didn't have much time before someone figured out what they were doing. Cora put on jeans and left her blouse on. She slipped on a black jumper overtop just in case she would get cold and braided her hair down the back of her head to keep it away from her face.

The four of them raced to Umbridge's office the second they were ready and Harry got them in. Cora peered around as Ron closed the door and she noticed a cat on one of the many plates hanging, going through the small kitty door.

"When are you gonna get it through your head. We're in this together!" Hermione bellowed.

"Guys." Cora warned.

"That... you... are."

Cora spun around and right there was Umbridge.

Now how would they get out of this one?