Nine

Winter arrived and Cora was beyond excited. It was her favourite season in the world. The snow just made everything so perfect and bright and happy. Not to mention Christmas. Cora wasn't one for presents but she loved the spirit of it. The trees and the lights and the songs. Oh and the food! The house elves made sure Malfoy Christmas was the best christmas.

Hermione had been busy searching for a place to practice while Cora just made sure to stay out of trouble. It was a full time job and she wanted to make sure Draco stayed off her radar as well.

Finally, Hermione told everyone she had found a place and she had already been invited to those she could trust before even showing her friends the place. Still, they all trusted her as she led them off the school grounds.

"So what did it look like anyway, when I showed you my side?" Cora asked as they trudged through snow.

"It was badly infected. Turning black and oozing." Hermione shivered and shook her head. "Don't make me think about it please."

Cora giggled and ran ahead a bit. There were a few flurries and it hadn't really snowed all morning so she had to get what she could. Leaning her head back, Cora stuck out her tongue and caught a few, smiling wide at the coolness.

"Such a weirdo." Hermione grumbled, grabbing her friend's arm, walking faster.

Cora laughed and turned back to the boys. Ron was ranting on about something but Harry was looking at her. She smiled and waved and his face turned a bit red but he waved back. Cora let Hermione lead them all further outside of the grounds and soon enough they had reached hogsmead.

"This is mad." Harry started up again. "Who'd want to be taught by me, I'm a Nutter remember?"

"Look on the bright side: You can't be any worse than old toad face." Ron said.

Cora giggled.

"Thanks Ron." Harry snapped slightly.

"I'm here for you mate." Ron replied.

"Who's supposed to be meeting us then?" Harry asked.

"Just a couple of people." Hermione said, getting to an old shack.

She opened the door but nobody stepped inside. A goat made a noise and the four of them peered around what looked like a tavern as a man in an apron gave them a terrible look.

"Lovely spot." Ron mumbled.

"Thought it would be safe off the beaten track." Hermione explained.

Nobody argued with that. The four walked in and set up, making sure there was enough room for those who would join them. It was still a bit cold in the tavern so they all kept their jumpers on. Cora sat on the other side of Hermione and pulled her hat further over her ears. They had been cold since they left the castle.

"'Mione." She tugged on her friend's arm as students began showing up. Hermione moved closer. "Don't you think Harry looks a bit sick?"

The girls looked over at the boys who seemed to be talking about anyone who came in but Harry was paler than usual.

"He's about to talk in front of a crowd."

"Right."

Cora pulled open a book as the dirty looks she was getting got worse.

"I can't do this." Harry muttered.

"What if I sit in the crowd? You can look out and at least see one person you know that's on your side." Cora offered.

Harry smiled a little and nodded. Cora changed seats, sitting amongst all the tension in the room and opened her book again. More kids arrived and soon there was nowhere to sit. Cora was grateful for the turn out but that didn't mean everybody here would agree to it.