Episode 1.6

Miguel, Aisha, and I were standing in the front of the class, warming up. Today was my official first class, but Johnny asked me to join Cobra Kai the day of the cafeteria fight. Miguel and I went to see him after school and he was shocked but impressed with my prior training. I looked around the room and spotted several familiar faces, but I couldn't find the one I was looking for. Eli had told me he'd come to class after I begged him for hours. I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned to see his face. 

"I'm glad you came." I almost tackled him with a big hug.

"I wish someone would be that excited to see me." Demetri ruined the moment with his weird comments. Before we could start a conversation, Johnny came out of his office to began class. 

"QUIET! Face front." He walked through the crowd of kids and threw out insults. This was his way of teaching and people were going to have to get used to it. "When I look around this dojo, I don't see Cobra Kai material. I see losers and nerds. I see a fat kid with a funny hat with his tits popping out. But in my short time as a sensei, I've also seen some miracles." He glanced at Miguel. Their relationship was cute. "So maybe there's some hope for you yet." 

After a quick lesson on what lines and rows were, we started a typical class. I wasn't used to the large group of students. It was always just Sam and I when we trained with Daniel. Johnny led some simple warm ups while walking around and correcting student's stances. He was nicknaming people as he was teaching. I wasn't too bothered by it until he called someone Lip. I looked up to see him staring at Eli. 

'Yeah you with the freaky lip. Who do you think I'm talking to?" He rudely spoke to Eli. Demetri spoke up before I could. 

"Excuse me, Mr. Lawrence." 

"Sensei Lawrence" Aisha yelled. 

"Okay...You really shouldn't make fun of someone's physical appearance." Demetri said. 

"Oh is that so?" Johnny challenged him. "I'm not supposed to mention his lip at all?" 

"Well, yeah" 

"Maybe that's what they teach you in school, but in the real world you can't expect people to do what they're supposed to do. You hear that lip? If you can't handle someone making fun of you, how are you going to handle an elbow to the teeth." I clenched my fists, which was my go to response when I was angry. Miguel noticed. 

"Don't Olivia." He whispered lightly. I took a deep breath to control my anger. I was distracted long enough to have missed one of Demetri's classic rants. I only heard the end of it. 

"It's not like he can actually hurt us." He shouldn't have said that. 

Johnny slowly walked over to him and said, "Punch me." Demetri attempted to do so but Johnny used the opportunity to grab his arm and flip him down onto the mat. I couldn't help but chuckle. "Let that be a lesson to all of you." Johnny then walked back into his office, ending class early. Demetri stood up quickly, cursing the dojo, and walked out. I went to find Eli, but I guess he had left too. 

"Miss Vito! Can I speak with you?" Johnny yelled out from his office. I said bye to Miguel and Aisha and then made my way to the office. 

"Hey Johnny, what's up?" 

"Woah, its Sensei Lawrence now." He smiled at me and continued. "So Miguel told me that you use to take Karate. What was your dojo's name?" He was curious but not suspicious. My brain went completely blank. I couldn't say Myagi Do or even mention Daniel's name, so I said the first thing that came to mind. 

"Kool Karate, with a K." I couldn't have thought of anything better?

"What kind dojo is that?" He squinted his eyes in disgust at the name.