Episode 3.6

My phone buzzed, waking me up from my sleep. Hawk's name was flashing on my screen, so I hit the ignore button and rolled back over in bed. I had tossed and turned all night afraid of the images I would see in my dreams. The sun was already shining through my window but I wasn't ready to face the day so I squeezed my eyes closed and forced myself to get some sleep. That was until there was a knock at my door. 

"Sweetie, are you awake?" Mom came into the room so I opened my eyes to address her. 

"Yeah, what's up?" I asked groggily. 

"Eli is at the door asking to see you. Should I invite him in?" My parents had no idea what was really going on in my life.

"Tell him I'm sick or in the shower or something." There was no way I was ready to face him.

"Is everything alright?" My mom walked into my room a little more. 

"Yeah, I just don't want to see Haw--Eli today." Mom got the memo and left me alone. I looked at my phone to see that I had a ton of missed texts from Hawk asking if we can talk. I cleared the messages and was left with one from Miguel telling me that he had something exciting to tell me. This was the motivation I needed to get out of bed and start my day. 

After washing my face and brushing my teeth, I made my bed and laid on top of the covers. I grabbed my phone and Face-timed Miguel, hoping he would answer. It only rang a few times until he picked up. He was glowing with happiness. 

"Hey Liv!" He was excited about something. 

"Hey." I responded with less energy. "What are you so happy about?" 

"Can you come over today? I want to show you something." He was laying in his bed like me. I thought for a second and realized that there was nothing going on in my life anymore. 

"Sure. I need to stop by Demetri's place before I can come over, but I'll be there eventually." 

"Alright. Hurry up, though."  He seemed a little upset that I couldn't be there immediately, but he quickly changed the subject. "Why are you going to Demetri's?" That was a reasonable question but I didn't feel like explaining the situation. 

"I just need to talk to him about a project at school. It should be quick. I need to leave though so I can get ready. See you soon?" 

"See you soon." He hung up first and I quickly got ready to leave. I had been worried about Demetri all night. He had only texted me to tell me that he was home and he was safe at some later point in the night. I knew I needed to see him, to show him that I supported him as a friend. After throwing on a sweatshirt and leggings, I was in my car on my way to pick up something before heading to Dem's place. It only took a second and he lived down the street from me so I was able to get there pretty quickly. 

Demetri lived in a nicer neighborhood with huge houses, however his was the smallest house on the street. I pulled in and grabbed the In-n-Out that I had ordered for him. His mom opened the door for me before I could even knock. She looked shocked to see me there. 

"Hi, my name is Olivia. I am a friend of Demetri's from school." She smiled when she heard the word 'friend'. 

"Come on in. Demetri is upstairs in his room, watching TV. It's the first door on the left." She showed me to the stairs and I made my way to his room. I knocked once I got to the door and I heard a slight groan from inside. 

"Mom! Go away! I told you I want to be alone!" He yelled through the door. He definitely was an angsty teenager. I cracked the door slightly and poked my head in. He was laying in his bed which was in the middle of the room. His curtains were pulled so it was dark and shadowy and he was watching an anime I didn't recognize.