"They're a challenge." Shawna disappeared and reappeared behind Dani, kicking her in the side.

Dani fell with a grunt. While Dani was in pain and Barry had almost made it over the railing, Shawna teleported back to the ground.

Barry made it down first. He stood only feet away from Shawna.

Dani stood up, looking over the railing to see Clay Parker aiming a gun at Barry. "No." She muttered. She teleported next to Barry, shoving him out of the way just as the gun went off.

The bullet pierced her side. Dani fell to the ground, clutching her wound.

Barry knelt down next to her. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah." Dani tried to push herself up but winced from the pain. "Where are they?"

Barry looked up just in time to see Shawna run to Clay and disappear from his line of sight. "They're gone."

* * *

Dani's face scrunched up in pain as Caitlin finished stitching her up.

"Sorry." Caitlin apologized. She set down her needle and surgical thread. "All done."

"Thanks."  Dani pulled a S.T.A.R. Labs t-shirt over her head.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Barry asked.

"Considering I've been killed by a knife and a speeding hand, this isn't that bad," Dani assured Barry.

Just then Dr. Wells wheeled in. His presence gained Barry's attention and Dani silently thanked the universe for it.

"Shawna Baez. She can teleport." Barry informed Wells.

"As in, 'Beam me up, Shawna'?" Cheyanne asked.

"Yes of course." Dr. Wells said, unintentionally stopping Barry or Dani from answering Cheyanne. "Quantum entanglement. The ability to manipulate interconnected particles over an infinite distance. Or, as Einstein put it, 'spooky action at a distance'."

"Every time Barry got close she disappeared," Dani remembered. "I had to save his ass." She added with a smirk.

Barry rolled his eyes. "It was weird. Almost like we were playing a game of--"

"Peek-a-boo!" Caitlin interrupted excitedly. Everyone turned to her. "Come on. Can't I name one?"

"Of course you can," Cheyanne told her. "But you're gonna be the one who tells Cisco."

Dani laughed. But she quickly stopped when she realized she forgot about Cisco and their plan. "Oh, crap. I gotta go." She grabbed her phone and rushed out of the cortex before anyone could question her.

* * *

The cool night air nipped at Dani's bare arms as she walked down the street. She managed to get through to Cisco, telling him to head to CCPD with the promise that she'd meet him there.

But, unknown to her, Cisco became impatient and brought Hartley into Barry's lab without her. Which ended up being a huge mistake.

When Dani finally arrived at CCPD, she ran up to Barry's lab. She figured Cisco would take Hartley there and she was right. She found Cisco on the ground unconscious.

"Cisco!" Dani ran to him, ignoring the flaring pain in her side. She rolled him onto his back and shook him relentlessly. "Cisco!"

He let out a pained groan, his eyes fluttering open. "Ow."

"What happened? Where's Hartley?" Dani questioned.

"I-I thought I had him," Cisco said.

"That doesn't answer either of my questions." Dani deadpanned.

"He outsmarted me." Cisco sat up, rubbing his head. "He reversed his ear tech and used it on me."

Dani sighed. "I'm sorry. I should've been here."

"Not that I'm mad at you, which I kind of am, but what took you so long?"

"I got shot. And I learned the hard way not to teleport when I'm injured."

"Oh. Yeah, that makes sense." Cisco finally stood up, with Dani's help.

"You know what this means, right?" She asked.

"We have to tell the others." Cisco nodded. "Yeah, I know."

"Come on." Dani wrapped an arm around Cisco's shoulders, leading him out of the lab. "Let's get some ice cream."

"No alcohol?" Cisco frowned.

Dani shook her head. "No. Last time we drank together, we came up with this stupid idea."

"Ice cream it is."

A/N: I don't know about y'all but I just love the friendship between Cisco and Dani. They're like one of those chaotic duos that get into trouble whenever they're left unattended.

Also, happy Thanksgiving to my American readers. I thought I'd do extra updates today for all my books for the holiday. If you're not American then happy Thursday, the week's almost over!

Thanks for reading and feel free to vote/comment if you enjoyed the chapter or Dani and Cisco's friendship.