Awards and Robberies

Dani met up with Iris and Barry fifty minutes later at the University building named after Simon Stagg. The back part of her blue, high-low dress flowed behind her as she entered the building. Her eyes scanned the crowd for her friends.

Barry and Iris stood close to the stage. They had gotten there just a few minutes before Dani and Barry was waiting anxiously for her to show up. He hadn't gotten to spend any time with her since he woke up from his coma.

Barry glanced back to the doors for the millionth time. He started to shift his gaze when he noticed Dani entering. Barry stared at her in awe.

Iris realized that Barry's attention was elsewhere when he never answered her. She followed his gaze and smiled when she found Dani. It was obvious that Barry had a crush on her and Dani used to like Barry in highschool. So, Iris made it her mission to get the two together.

"Dani!" Iris called.

Dani turned, smiling at her friends. "Hey." She greeted.

"I'm glad you actually made it." Iris teased.

"Just because I had a big fight with my brother in a public space about my dead mother doesn't mean I've suddenly become a recluse." Dani rolled her eyes.

"I know but Zander was pretty harsh." Iris gave Dani a sympathetic look.

"Thank you for saying that, but the more we talk about this the closer I get to busting out in tears." Dani let out a shaky laugh.

Barry smiled slightly at her laugh. He hadn't taken his eyes off Dani since he spotted her and it was starting to become obvious.

Dani noticed Barry's gaze from the corner of her eye. "Is everything okay? I don't have any gray patches in my hair do I? I had to use dry shampoo today." She started to panic.

"What? No. No, you just, uh, you look beautiful." Barry stuttered.

A shy smile fell onto Dani's lips. "Thanks, Barry. You look pretty great yourself."

The award presenter announced Simon Stagg's name, grabbing the trio's attention. They all turned to the stage along with the audience, applauding, and giving Stagg their attention as he accepted his award.

"I find it quite remarkable, having once been a timid freshman at Central City University, to be standing before you now as the regents choice for man of the year. While I very much appreciate the award, the real honor for me is knowing that my work in organ transference helps give people a second chance at life. Thank you all very much for coming." Simon Stagg raised his award then was escorted off stage by his head of security.

"Okay. All right, first thing's first... Simon Stagg's in cellular cloning has led to huge advancements in the future of organ replacement..."

"Ooh!" Iris spotted a champagne tray. She grabbed three. "Are journalists allowed to drink on the job?"

"Their friends are," Dani answered, grabbing one of the glasses and downing it.

Barry took the other two away, placing them on a nearby table. "Okay. If you are bored already, just wait till we get to the science behind cellular regeneration."

Dani snuck her arm behind her friends, grabbing one of the glasses Barry put down. She moved back over to the other side of Iris.

"I have missed this you guys." Iris linked her arms with her friends'. "I feel like we haven't spent any quality time together since you woke up from your coma." She looked at Barry.

"Yeah, I've had a crazy few weeks, I know."

"I thought maybe you'd been avoiding me because of Eddie."