The Mist

Dani walked up to the visitor's desk. "Hi, I'm here to see Henry Allen." She smiled.

"Sign in." The guard told her then placed a small tub in front of her. "Personal effects in there."

Dani nodded, doing as she was told. A buzzer rang when she was done and the door to the visitor room swung open. Dani sat down at a random booth waiting patiently for Henry to show up.

The older man walked in just minutes later, smiling at the sight of her. "Dani, it's nice to see you again."

"You too, Mr. Allen." Dani returned the smile.

"Dani, I've told you several times; call me Henry." Henry Allen insisted.

"Right, sorry. Force of habit." Dani let out a small chuckle.

"So, what brings you by?" Henry questioned.

Dani hesitated, biting her lip. "I wanted to ask you a few questions. About the night Nora died."

Henry looked down. "Have you been talking to Barry?"

"Not really, no. Besides, these questions are strictly for me. I just want to know what you saw that night." Dani said.

"I didn't see anything besides my wife dying." Henry shook his head.

"Henry, I don't mean to be rude, but I know you're lying. Please. Tell me what you saw." Dani pressed.

Henry sighed. "I saw the same thing Barry saw. Lightning swirling around Nora. I told Barry to run and the next thing I knew he was gone and Nora was lying in the living room with a knife in her chest."

Dani gulped, casting her eyes down at her lap. "I'm sorry. You shouldn't have had to go through that. You shouldn't even be in here."

"It's not your fault Dani." Henry smiled at the girl his son loved. She really was a remarkable young woman.

"That doesn't mean that you weren't wronged. I don't if you've heard, but there is this streak in Central City. A person who can run so fast, they look like a blur. And I think they might be connected to Nora's murder." Dani informed.

"Dani, don't get involved. If that thing is back and figures out that you're looking into it... you might get hurt, or worse." Henry warned.

"I can handle myself," Dani assured.

The sound of the visitor room door opening grabbed both Dani and Henry's attention. Joe West walked in, giving Dani and confused look.

"What are you doing here?" He asked the brunette.

"I was just asking Henry for some Christmas gift ideas. For Barry." Dani lied. "I know I'm mad at him but I figured that the anger will dissipate or that he will apologize by then so I'm getting some ideas together. Cuz, you know me. I like to have my shopping done before December starts."

Joe didn't say anything. He just stared at Dani with the same confused look. Henry also furrowed his eyebrows at Dani in confusion.

"Well, I'm gonna go then." Dani awkwardly stated, beginning to walk towards the door when a green mist seeped through. Dani's eyes widened as she stumbled backward.

Joe instinctively pushed Dani behind him. He watched in horror as the mist formed into a bald man with a creepy smirk on his face.

"Nimbus?" Joe asked. "You're supposed to be dead."

"Same to you." Nimbus lunged toward Joe, dissolving back into the green mist. It entered his body, poisoning him.

"Oh my god." Dani's eyes widened in fear and shock.