Five (+3) espresso for Na Jaemin

There were very few things Jaemin could list that truly made his day. He - of course - smiled a lot and liked a lot of things but that doesn't mean he was that easily pleased. On days like this, when he was busy and very much in need of something to make his day, he usually liked to start with a nice, hot, freshly brewed, small cup of coffee. Or in his case; an espresso.

With a satisfied smile and his nose halfway sticking to the edge, deeply inhaling the scent of coffee, Jaemin allowed himself to release a very I'm-feeling-good kind of sigh as he said, „Espresso number one is down, the day can start!"

Next to him was a just as smiley Chenle, head happily bouncing back and forth to the beat of some Chinese pop song. He had heard Jaemin though and turned to him, „Aren't you worried that all of that coffee will eventually transform you into some super villain?"
„Why in the world would that happen?", Jaemin asked and glanced at the last sip espresso chilling in his cup. Chenle shrugged and answered, „Wouldn't that be cool though? Imagine drinking something and you'd get super powers just because of that! And then you'd have the abilities the drink would give you!"

Jaemin's frown transformed into a very much interested expression as he tried to use his imagination, „So as a coffee villain, I could make people...energetic and jittery?"
„Yes!", Chenle agreed, seemingly pleased with how fast his fellow bandmate understood the topic.
Sometimes Jaemin wondered who exactly drank five or more cups of espresso a day...

Today was a day full of things to do; Chenle and Jaemin were assigned to help their Chinese fellows getting somewhat familiar with the Korean HQ of SM Entertainment. Chenle was mainly here to translate something, just in case they would have trouble understanding them but Jaemin was supposed to teach them some Korean by talking to them.

He'd have to pass the three Chinese new members on to Haechan though at late afternoon because he had an individually scheduled guest cameo as MC in a show.

And, of course, Jaemin had his usual schedule of practices for the rest of the day.

He was busy today, in conclusion. And he couldn't deny that he liked that. Not only because his schedule had something unusual for him, but also because he could avoid something.
Or rather someone.

„Good morning!", a cheerful voice said and interrupted Jaemin's mental organization of how his das would look like, revealing a brightly smiling Liu Yangyang. Right behind him were Xiaojun and Hendery, both looking rather tired and the direct opposite of Yangyang.

Chenle greeted them just as energetically and Jaemin felt so bad for the other two that he almost wanted to offer them an espresso.
Almost.
„We haven't officially met yet, right?", Jaemin said and bowed with a smile, „Na Jaemin. I'm happy to finally meet you guys!"

After the official introductions were finally over (it felt weird because they somehow knew each other and yet, they have never really met due to their schedules never aligning), Jaemin led them all to the car that was waiting in front of their apartment building. It would obviously drive them to the entertainment.

Though, before going, Jaemin had made sure to finish his espresso with a very pleased smile, yes, today, I'll have no one bothering me...i can feel it...

———

...or so he thought.
It turned out that he had been in a dramatic need of his second espresso of the day only one hour later, which was very unusually early for the second one.

Jaemin had been eager to show the three Chinese members around with Chenle and introducing them to their teachers and coaches, showing them around the building and explaining rules and basics to them.
He had been.
But he did not consider that a certain pair - dumb and dumber - would glare at the poor guys whenever they just as much as looked at Jaemin.