A Panicked-Gay's Plan

Okay so let's be honest with each other - Taeil was scared shitless. Why? Because he finally realized that Doyoung actually likes him.

Or at the very least, that was Sicheng's opinion. The oldest was a nervous bundle since yesterday and he was constantly doing weird things.
Again today, he messed up his part in Regular even though he did it more than one could count. But no one said anything, not really in the mood to make Taeil flustered or even more panicked.

To Sicheng's surprise, Yuta sat down next to him on the floor in their break.
"Oh, I thought you're bitching again?"
Yuta twisted his eyes and pinched Sicheng's arm, ignoring the Chinese's glare.
"Shut up, I'm suggesting a truce in order to help Taeil", he said, his eyes obviously never leaving Sicheng's face.

He hated how the Japanese could easily stare at him without getting affected at all. Even though Sicheng knew that he was Yuta's weak spot, he definitely gained the panicked gay title out of the two.
Sicheng sighed and avoided Yuta's gaze, focusing his eyes on a half asleep Taeil instead.
"Okay, what's the plan-...wait, Yuta?! Where are you-...ARGH!"

Groaning totally annoyed, Sicheng stood up and followed the Japanese over to where Taeil was sulking.
Well, he wasn't exactly sulking. He just looked like his soul left his body but was still floating out of his mouth.
Damn, Sicheng needed to stop watching Anime with Yuta.

"Yah, oldie!", Yuta said, roughly patting Taeil's back. The eldest shook his head startled, staring at Yuta with wide eyes and rubbing his probably hurting arm.
"W-What?", he stuttered, clearly not in the mood for talks at all.

Oh look at that. The soul went back into his body.
Sicheng almost snorted at his own thoughts and concentrated on what Yuta said.
"Don't 'What' me! You're literally a walking corpse and we all know why."

Of course, Taeil being Taeil, did what he always did when someone tried talking about him and his problems; he denied it. "I'm perfectly fine. Just a little tired. Oof - my muscles. I'm getting old you know."
"First of all, you never agree to the fact that you're old. And secondly, you're a terrible liar", Yuta responded, his eyes sharp and a grin forming on his lips.

Sicheng twisted his eyes and flicked his forehead. "Stop grinning so gleefully. Taeil, you're pretty weird since that thing yesterday in the chat..."
"Weird? Me? I'm always weird, I can't be weird, haha", Taeil answered, trying to laugh it off nervously. He started opening and closing the head of his water bottle, a habit he developed while being a SM Rookie. "I'm not weird, I mean, nothing special happened."

Sicheng frowned. "...I think we should talk about...whatever you're thinking regarding a certain Main Vocal."

But even before Yuta or the Chinese himself could say anything more, the eldest shook his head and smiled a very unsure smile.
"I'm perfectly fine! Really! Now go and...I don't know, rest. I'll refill my bottle!"

And then he was gone, leaving a confused Japanese Anime-Boy and a worried WinWin behind.

-----

"...What is he doing...?", Sicheng said, staring at Taeil dumbfounded. Yuta - who was seated right next to him on the couch - turned his head and followed his roommates gaze, raising an eyebrow confused.
"...I-...I don't know, baby."

Ignoring the Japanese's nickname, Sicheng twisted his eyes and focused on Taeil instead. The eldest was hiding behind the fridge, his eyes looking around in panic. He obviously was looking for something.
Or rather someone, because only meters away from him stood Doyoung. He was currently dusting off the living room and even though Sicheng was sure that the Vocal already noticed the hiding eldest, Doyoung couldn't care less.