Jealousy and Denial

There were very rare things Taeyong really hated. Heck, he couldn't stay mad at persons for more than ten minutes. 

Maybe hate wasn't the right word though. He didn't exactly hate anything. He disliked a lot of things.

For example, especially right now, he disliked Jaehyun. Or more over, his behavior.

Which was also why he stomped over to the latter's room, opening the door with so much force that he hit the commode behind it and a few things fell down.

Haechan - who sat on his bed - jumped up totally surprised and stared at Taeyong with big eyes.
"Hyuck, get the hell out! I need to have a word with Jaehyun", Taeyong said.

Donghyuck was gone as soon as he said it and Taeyong closed the door behind him. Looking at the books that fell off, he grumpily sighed and picked them up again.
"I'm sorry, that wasn't very adult of me."

Jaehyun stared for a few seconds before chuckling lightly and leaning back on his bed. "What's up, TY?"
"W-What-...", Taeyong stared at his group mate with an undeniably shocked expression, almost as if he's offended. "I'm here to lecture you, don't "What's up" me!"

"Lecture? What did I do?"
"You-...I-...you're an idiot!"
Even though Taeyong was like 99% sure that Jaehyun didn't exactly took him serious one single bit, he was still feeling quite powerful. I mean, he is NCT's (inofficial) Leader, isn't he?

The question is: why is Jaehyun laughing at him though?

"Okay I somehow feel like no one's actually respecting me", Taeyong sighed, his plans of making a mouse out of Jaehyun immediately being forgotten, for he was too busy pitying himself now.

The vocalist stopped laughing and leaned forward on his bed, his ellbows holding himself up on his knees. "Taeyong, you can't expect us to respect you just because you're our Leader."
"Actually, I can?"
To say Taeyong was confused was an understatement. He didn't want them to kneel in front of him or carry him on a golden plate, but sometimes he just wished his fellow NCT-members to listen.

"No, you don't", Jaehyun answered and chuckled lightly before continuing: "We don't even respect Taeil and he's the oldest."
Taeyong raised an eyebrow questioningly. "Taeil is a weird talented but kind of old sweetie. I am not!"

Well actually, it was kind of funny how NCT treated Taeil like the old weird guy, but Kai and Sehun from EXO were the cute babies (still their sunbaes but they were the Maknaes). They were at the same age as Taeil, yet, they had totally different vibes.

Jaehyun started chuckling once again, his face turning into an amused grin. "Yeah, okay. You're not as weird as Taeil, but quite weird in your own way. And most of all, you're not intimidating at all."
"I can be serious and strict!", Taeyong defended himself and watched as Jaehyun's amused face turned into an 'Are-you-serious' look.

"Tae, don't get me wrong. But you're not exactly what some people might call an intimidating Leader", Jaehyun said, triggering a confused frown from the Rapper. "What?"

Jaehyun started frowning as well, shrugging lightly. "Well, for example. You're very nice. Too nice - which is good, stay nice. But you're not strict enough. You can't say no most of the time, you're easily flustered and an open book. You're more of a soft TaeTae than a sexy TY."

Staring at his long time friend and member dumbfounded, Taeyong tried to understand the latter's words. He started thinking about them but couldn't really lay his hand on the actual problem. "...So you want me to say no more often?"
"See? That's the problem, you're not showing enough authority!", Jaehyun said, his finger pointing at the Leader as if he did something incredibly bad.
Taeyong was still confused though, which resulted in the Vocalist to groan and stay up from his bed, opening his bedroom door calmly. He seemed to check something and turned around to face Taeyong.
"Okay, let me explain you the actual problem. But first, can I quickly go meet someone from my old squad at school?"