A very sentimental 1930's night of Zhong Chenle's imagination

Seven o'clock in the evening.
Notebook opened.
Lights on the desk on.
Pen ready.
Sonny Stitt's ‚Angel Eyes' playing, it's melody filling the silent room with soothingly seducing saxophone tunes.
A very unnecessary scented candle lit on his nightstand.
Well, at least his room was filled with the absolutely soothing scent of coconut.

Zhong Chenle was ready to finally analyze and properly judge the things going on in his shared dorm. He'd even go as far as to say his favorite pipe - the one his old best friend Park Jisung gifted him last Christmas - granted him even more joy than usually.

It didn't really need a private detective to analyze and see that his Hyung's life was far from being normal or considerably unentertaining. That absolutely did not mean though that he couldn't keep notes on his group member's dramatic life.

He opened up his notebook and grabbed his pen, taking an unashamed and absolutely passive intake of breath from the pipe loosely hanging at his lips, tasting the tabac on his tongue and breathing the smoke out if his nose while finally proceeding to write his thoughts down,

„September 2020

As almost expected from what had been going on in this absolutely chaotic house, it was only a matter of time until the remaining additions of our lively group would finally find their way into the dorm. It makes me wonder a lot, thinking about whether or not the new individuals are just as open books as they tell us to be or merely good at hiding their secrets and weird habits."

The sensual sound of saxophone music made Chenle's head momentarily stop concentrating on the notebook in front of him, instead, he grabbed his favorite mug and took a decent sip of his freshly brewed coffee - though everyone had been against it, the fan mugs from EXO's Universe merchandise were actually quite useful. Just like the coffee Doyoung liked to thoroughly make in the evening, apparently because Jaemin couldn't survive without his daily five mugs of espresso. Chenle didn't complain the slightest.

Grabbing his pen again, he continued on his notes,

„As a matter of fact, I realized that Yangyang - despite his very good acting about how innocently clueless he tried to be - is anything but a naive individual. He likes to play his part as the unnoticed, very much sweetest person in the room to finally reveal his mask and show all of his witty skilled talents and utterly destroy his opponents in some way; he is good with words and even if some may not think of it, he definitely is not dumb or unwise. I'd even go as far as to say he is underestimated."

Putting the pen down again, Chenle carefully attached a normal-as-can be school's picture of Liu Yangyang to the upper left corner of his short analysis of the new Chinese member, decorating his picture with a short quoted ‚Hidden genius?' right under it.

Moving on, he opened a new page and attached a picture of his next target; Xiao Dejun.

„A pretty face but nothing more, or at least, that's what others would very obviously like you to think. It came to my attention that Xiaojun isn't really thriving the spotlight - though he's very much aware of his beauty. His bright personality does not really match the absolutely striking beauty he offers whenever someone very obviously tries to deny him that. I'm not certain why but he somehow makes me feel like he wants you to think he's only a pretty face with a bubbly personality...though, he certainly is not."

Similar to how he did with Yangyang, Chenle also put a quote under Xiaojun's school picture; ‚Destracting beauty? But from what...?'

Lastly, while inhaling yet again a little bit of the unhealthy tabac in his pipe, he managed to find the picture of Huang Guanheng,

„Apart from the fact that Hendery seems to like cucumbers, I am not entirely sure what his deal is. It feels like Xiaojun acts the dramatic part, but Hendery seems to be the exaggerating member. He seems easy to talk to but also like he obviously tries to stay away from the center - he seemed like a shadow next to the bright innocence of Yangyang and absolutely stunning presence of Xiaojun. Though, I am almost certain that Hendery usually either has to warm up and then gets louder or purposefully decides to remain in the shadow..."

As with the others, Chenle continues to write a quote under Hendery's photo just like he did previously; ‚Watching from the shadows?'

Satisfied with his work, Chenle finally closed his notebook and inhaled the last bit of burning tabac, the smoke once again breathed out through his nose as he leaned back and decided to enjoy the end of his favorite saxophone performance with closed eyes.

That is until his door suddenly slammed open and revealed a very much confused frowning Park Jisung in his doorframe, staring at him with a somewhat scowling and judging look - almost like Doyoung likes to look at them when the Dreamies did some shit again.
„What in the world are you doing with the pen I gifted you for Christmas last year? Stop chewing on it. And why is there glitter all over your desk? Did you lit Mark's favorite candle?!"

Well, so much to Chenle's very much appreciated sensual evening.

For your information, he did not smoke a pipe. The thing that was loosely hanging from his lips was a very red and barely used Tata pen. Though, Jisung did gift it to him. The mug - though it was EXO merchandise from Universe - was filled with not-so-hot-anymore chocolate milk and yes; the candle belonged to Mark.

„I was meditating?", Chenle tried and smiled a wicked smile to which Jisung glared and finally pulled out the Tata pen from out of his fellow member's mouth, a sigh leaving his lips as he dragged him up on his feet and out of the room, „I don't really want to know, watch a movie with me."

Okay, maybe there was some glitter in Chenle's notebook.
Huh? If the things he wrote about our new Chinese members were actually written there or just another one of Chenle's vivid imaginations?

...Well, maybe it would help you figuring that one out if I told you that there were a lot of heart-shaped stickers and rainbow colored pens used to write...whatever it is Chenle wrote inside there.

Cute and funny absolutely weren't part of that...

...i promise :)