chapter 29

Dominic POV
*************************
It been two fucking! days still no trace of where saminian is.

"Who fuck is that?". I screamed at whosoever is knocking and the door silently opened to reveal Elizabeth.

Her eyes scanned the top of my desk unconsciously counting the bottles of alcoholic drinks.

"Son, for two day you have been drink nonstop" she said quietly stepping inside and closing the door

There is no need to explain myself. My woman is missing without a trace and  there is nothing I can do about it.

She began to clear the the table without saying anything again. What is there to even say. 

I watch her as she started to clean the table with a wet towel and I stood up and walked toward the couch which has been my bed for the past two  days.

"What are the police saying now?"

Her question distracted me from my thinking. "As always they are looking into it but still no clue on her whereabouts".

She eyes became tearful as she stared at me with pity.

"Mom, don't give me that look of pity. I said turning my eyes from her "i hate it and you know that" .

I heard her gasp and I immediately turned my attention to her standing with the cleaning supplies in her hand with tears flowing from her eyes.

The women in my life like to cry too much

"You called me mom" she said shakily .

"Is that a question or a statement because obviously you are my mother"

"For a long time I have always wanted you to call me Mom. I though I won't live to see this day".

I'm speechless "did you plan to kill yourself". I could not help but ask

"No..just that your rudeness would have killed me someday"

"I'm going to call you mother from now on" I said looking at her and trying to smile so I can look convincing "and you should stops cleaning and cooking. I don't need you doing those duties anymore". 

She walked gently to the couch and sat down at the other end. It not like I would bite her if she sits close to me.

"You have not slept for two days. Those bags under your eyes won't make you search clearly for my daughter"

Sher smile is still the same with dimples showing on one cheeks.

"Rest your head on my laps son".

What!!

"Come on now..you used to like it when I place you on my laps"

I did just as she wanted..and she began running her hand through my hair. "You still smell the same way. Lavender mixed with strawberry" I said against her stomach with my eyes closed

"Sleep.. I will wake you up after some few hours.."

"Mom Do you still believe, like do you still have faith in your God?".  I asked out of curiosity 

"I do son.. I still do"

"Then why did he allow  you to lose me and father? Why did he allow my beloved to enter into the wrong  hands..?" maybe my sleep induced brain could not think of another thing apart from asking Why things are happening the way are happening

"Sleep son.....somethings  are just unexplainable and unplanned. She finally said after some moment of silence.

****************************