Chapter 18 °THE HINT°

Sungyeol's pov

Just when Heeryung warmly welcomed us to her home, a middle aged man, who I assume is her dad, walked downstairs smiling while Minhyuk tailed him. He looked at us saying "Welcome home boys." to which we quickly bowed at him replying "Kamsahamnida Ajhussi." and flashed him a humble smile. He nodded at us mirroring our smile and then looked at Minhyuk who halted beside him asking "Minhyuk-ah, will you be able to help them settle in?"

Minhyuk flumped onto the couch whining "Ajhussi, ask Heeryung to do that. I'm so tired already." Heeryung chuckled looking at him and said "Appa, let him rest a bit. I'll help them settle." Her dad nodded at her and looked at Minhyuk smiling as he said "My boy, you can rest in your room if you want to." before he walked away.

Minhyuk looked at Heeryung saying "Ryungie-yah, help oppa to my feet." extending his hand towards her direction. She rolled her eyes chuckling and pulled him up commenting "I really can't believe that you're a police officer at times like this, oppa."

He chuckled at her and snaked his hand around her neck dragging her towards the direction of the flight of stairs while she pushed him away grunting and looked at us saying "I'm sorry about that. Come along I'll show you the rooms." and climbed up the stairs behind Minhyuk.

Following her lead, the members grabbed their luggages and walked up the steps one by one while I looked up at Minhyuk, who was whistling as he walked and thought 'Ah! Damn you Kang Minhyuk. I'm so envious of you again. And I hate to admit the fact that you're always making me uncomfortable, whenever you're around her. Even if it's like a big brother as you say.'

I heaved out a shallow breath to empty my mind from these irrational thoughts and grabbed my luggage following my members upstairs. Showing us the rooms, she said "Since there are only three unoccupied rooms, one among you oppas might have to share the room with Minhyuk oppa. As to who that is, I'll leave it upto you."

She turned her head to her right, to face Minhyuk and asked "Oppa, you're fine with that right?" to which he nodded shrugging and grabbed the handle of the door near him. He walked in after saying "Ryungie-yah, I'm gonna have a nap. Come wake me up when the lunch is ready."

She scoffed a laugh looking at the closed door mumbling "A slothful oppa indeed." She then looked at us saying "So, you all have some rest too. I'll come inform you when the lunch is ready." and left us by ourselves.

Myungsoo's pov

Sungyeol and I decided to share a room while the other hyungs settled to share other two unoccupied rooms and Sungjong was fine to share the room with Minhyuk. Entering the room we both shared, I unpacked my luggage while Sungyeol laid on the bed just staring at the ceiling, shaking his legs with furrowed eyebrows.

I patted his shaking legs asking "Yah! What are thinking of, not even unpacking? It's so unlike you, Yeol." He sighed and answered "It's nothing. Just this and that." as he sat up. I shook my head dismayed by his wierd behaviors, showing up again after so many days, a month exactly. I heaved out a loud sigh and asked him "Seriously Yeol, what's wrong with you again?" the most budging question in me.

He began unpacking his luggage questioning me back "What are you talking about suddenly? Can't you see that I'm fine and nothing is wrong with me Myungsoo?" pretending to be a clueless child. I scoffed at him and asked "Who are you trying to fool ha? You think your faltering smiles and shallow breaths recently went unnoticed? Well I don't know about other members, but not me, Sungyeol."

I noticed how his eyebrows knitted together while his lips were pressed in a firm thin line as he busied himself in unpacking his almost empty luggage appearing fully focused. I smirked at his silence and questioned again "The past month, during our practice you were being your old self. But now those shallow breaths are back. What's bothering you seriously?"