Ch.10 A Bumpy Ride

Kiari took a deep breath, releasing any tension she had. 

It was nighttime, Teijin had just been scolded harshly by her father and Lenlin. It was her turn to speak with him, she thought it would be better to ask while he was angry at Teijin. She was a little scared, her father becomes an unpleasant and rude person simply when irritated, and now he's angry, she wasn't sure what to expect.

Though, she also felt that it might not work either. To say the least, Satori's attitude towards Sinbad didn't boost her confidence.

"Why am I doing this...?" She muttered to herself, frowning. I don't even know if I can trust Sinbad... He might as well be plotting something against me right now... But... The rukh around him seemed so strong and honest... That's why I hired him... Gulping, she knocked on the door to her father's room. Even if it's a stranger, I'd rather have them than Teijin! "Father, it's me, Kiari, I wanted to ask you something...!"

She heard a deep sigh before getting a response. "Can it wait until tomorrow Kiari? You should head to bed." He stated simply behind the door.

"No, it can't...! It's really important!"

There was a moment of silence, a scary one.

"Alright, come in."

She let out a large breath, almost panting as she opened the door.

Satori was sitting on a chair in front of a desk with a scroll and brush on it. He was probably in the middle of writing some documents. He rotated his body to Kiari, giving her his full attention.

There was concern on her face as she saw how agitated the rukh around him were. He's probably exhausted... Maybe this really is a bad time...

"So what is it?" He asked calmly, placing his elbow on the desk and holding his cheek with his hand.

Kiari brought herself back to reality, folding her hands below her face, as she gave her father a stern stare. "I... I wanted to ask if Teijin is still going to be my guard..."

His eyes narrowed at her, making her nervous. "Yes, he will, though this time he won't be allowed to take 'breaks', that way you don't have to go looking for another guard." He spoke coldly.

She frowned, her displeasure obvious. "I don't like him!"

He sighed, "Kiari, he'll keep you safe."

"But I don't feel safe around him, can't I choose who I want as a guard?"

Satori shut his eyes. "Oh? And who would you choose?"

She gaped, her plan of slowly mentioning Sinbad being obstructed. "W-well, Sinbad-"

"That boy....? Not only is he a stranger, but what could he possibly protect you from?" He interrupted, crossing his arms.

Her hands started to tremble, feeling she was about to lose. "He's from here, and he knows how to fight, he has experience, and I feel much safer around him..."

"Hmph, it's a no." He pushed up his glasses as he moved his attention back to the scroll he was writing on.

Kiari eyes widened, "wait! I'm not done yet!" Her fists clenched as she gave her father a determined gaze. "I'll only let Teijin be my guard if Sinbad is there with me!"

He sighed, turning his head back to her. "So two guards? Kiari I already told you-"

"If you don't do it I'll tell mom everything that happened, to the last detail! I'll even tell her that you made me practice martial arts and didn't keep me on my diet!!" She exclaimed, her shoulders raised, and fists held to her chest.