Gaurds

"Ugh!" Kiari huffed as she tried to lift a brown sack off the ground. "Why's it so heavy?!" She exclaimed, letting the sack go to rest her scratched hands.

It'd been almost two months now, they had finally reached Parthevia after a short stop in Reim. They'd just docked in Contastia Harbor and started unloading.

Satori's business in Parthevia had to with a man that lived near the port, and another that lived in the capital. So, for now, they'd stay in town for a few days then take a carriage to the capital. Satori had gone ahead, leaving Kiari with the company of most of the guards.

Though before Kiari's teacher left with Satori, he'd tasked her with some luggage to drop off at the inn they'd be staying in...

With a sigh, she looked at the brown sack in front of her with fury. It was half her size but three times her weight. She didn't understand how her teacher, who's name was Lenlin, possibly thought that a small girl like herself could ever carry the sack in front of her.

With another huff, she ran up the stairs to the boat until she reached the main deck.

Gulping, she slowly made her way to look over the ship's fencing. Luckily, there was a small box there that she could use as a stool to get a better view.

Normally, she would've just asked someone to help her carry the sack, but they were all told not to... So now, she was looking for someone that came to look for a job, by now they had already filled up any spots, so anyone that did come would be rejected.

She first spotted a large man, a mean-looking one that reminded her that she also had to be careful with who she chose. Narrowing her eyes, she continued looking.

It wasn't until she spotted a smaller man, a younger-looking one, that her hopes increased.

Before he left, she quickly sneaked her way down the ramp and behind it. Making sure no one could see her, she looked back to the boy, that wasn't too far from her.

Clearing her throat, she put on determined eyes. His hair is kind of weird but that's ok, he looks strong, and kind of innocent... And his rukh is telling me the same thing. Thanks to some training, Kiari had acquired a rather useful trait, the ability to read someone based on their rukh.

"Pst! Pst!" She repeated, staring at him intensely.

It was on her second try that she succeeded in making him turn around.

He had an arched eyebrow as he caught sight of Kiari behind the ramp. She slowly waved her hand for him to come forward.

Hesitating, he looked around before jogging up to her. 

"Uh, hello?"

Her eyes narrowed as she sized him up. Purple hair and golden eyes, not exactly a normal appearance, but that was ok. Clearing her throat, she started talking. "Sorry to bother, but I really need your help in carrying something. I'd ask the people already here, but they're all busy. And don't worry, I'll pay you!" She smiled, folding her hands together above her waist with hope. 

He looked very skeptical but ended up agreeing. "Hm, alright, well, firstly, my name is Sinbad. What's yours?" He introduced himself, staring at Kiari's crimson eyes intensely, which startled her at first, but she was used to it. "I'm Kiari... Uh, anyway, let's get the bag!" She put on a grin, running past him and up the ramp. 

Of course, even if he seemed innocent, Kiari wasn't going to risk getting kidnapped again. What she was doing was very risky, but it was her last idea.

As they walked inside the ship, Sinbad didn't fail to notice how much protection and luxury items it had. It made him question why the girl before him needed his help.