⁰⁴, OUR LAST GOODBYES.

❝ KILLER QUEEN ❞
—FOUR, our last goodbyes.

⧗*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

*:・゚*:・゚

SOMETIME LONG AGO

SOMETIME LONG AGO

LUCIFER WAS FURIOUS.

          How could she not be? Her many years of practice suppressing her real emotions did not prepare her for this. How could she write her life story down without an amount of guilt or doubt in her mind. Expose her privacy, her identity, her alias, spill things nobody knows the entire truth about to the public's eye like it meant nothing.

It hurt, especially when she didn't see this one coming, not from Vanya.

          "What are you still doing up?"

A smaller Vanya gasped and quickly turned around, her small hand against her chest as she felt her heartbeat pounding. Her body instantly relaxed at the sight of Lucifer standing a few feet away, her arms crossed in a superior manner. "You scared me." She lightly chuckled.

          Lucifer wasn't smiling.

          Vanya didn't notice and continued to make her way around the kitchen, putting peanut butter on the two slices of bread in front of her. "I'm making Five his favorite.. For when he comes back."

          The red head looked taken back.

          "Do you want one?" She sweetly asked.

          "I hate peanut butter." The redhead forced a friendly smile on her face. (This girl is beyond naive, She thought. Oh what she would give to have that kind of innocence again.)

"So no?"

          "No."

          Lucifer didn't know what to say to her, to make her snap out of it. She could be harsh or she could do her best to sympathize. "Vanya, I know you miss him but he's never coming back. He's gone. And the sooner you realize that, the better. For all of us. So do us a favor—" No. Too brutal. The girl cleared her throat in hopes of getting her attention but Vanya was too focused on making it perfect or as perfect you can make a sandwich anyway. "You almost done?"