Freak School (8)

Recap: Emily went to see Gran with her brother and they found out that Zane is Gran's grandson.

*******************************************************

*Emily's pov*

There is no way Zane is Gran's grandson. NO. They are lying. They have to be lying. "Em, you alright hun?" Gran asked realizing I was a bit distant. "Yeah. I'm fine. You just shocked me is all." She nodded her head a bit and then said "Shocked you? How?" "Zane's my room mate." "Oh. How are the two of you getting along?" She asked looking between the two of us. Zane and I just looked at each other and answered "We're not." Gran just smiled and said "You will. You're so perfect for each other. I think you should try dating." "Gran don't start with this again." Zane said. Oh, so she tries to get Zane to go out with me too. "Uh, I'm gunna go to Wendy's and I'll be back. Anybody want anything?" Almost everyone raised there hand and gave me their money and their order. "You know I think I'm gunna go with Emily. It's to much food for her to carry all on her own." Zane said rising from his seat and following me out to the car. "Why are you coming with me. And I want the real reason, not the to much food reason." As I was talking he came up behind me and as soon as I finished my sentence he spun me around and pinned me to the car. Then he brought his lips really close to mine and said with us about a centimeter apart. "That should be obvious." Then he kissed my cheek and walked over to the passanger side of the car.

*Zane's pov*

I can't believe I just kissed her cheek. I mean I was right there, a centimeter away from her lips and I kissed her cheek? What's wrong with me? Oh no. I think I'm falling for her. I don't want to be an ass to her anymore. I want to love her and protect her. And I want her to love me back. I'm not playing with her anymore. I'm going to take this seriously.

*Emily's pov*

I got in the car and drove off to Wendy's with Zane. About half way there I decided to have some fun. I slid my hand on his leg. He stiffened. As I slid my hand a little farther up he shifted in his seat. Just before my hand reached his manhood I pulled my hand away. I laughed as I returned my hand to the wheel. But my laughing ceased when I saw the look on his face. At first it was dissapointed, which I expected. But then he looked hurt and heartbroken. He's faking. I know he is. But he is a really good actor, I'll give him that.

When we got to Wendy's I got out of the car and walked in. Zane followed behind me. I walked up to the register and ordered. But the entire time I was ordering the guy was checking me out. ANd I could have sworn that Zane looked angry. I just don't understand him. He's an ass one minute and the next he's a nice guy? I just can't figure him out. Shortly after I finished my internal babble our order came. "Here's your order...and here's my number." The guy said handing me my food and a piece of paper. I guess Zane had had enough because he quickly took my arm and guided me out of there. "What the fuck was that?" Zane demanded to know as we both got into the car. Me in the passenger's seat this time. So wrong considering it's my car. But anyway, what is he talking about? Is he jealous? I decided to voice my suspicions. "What was what? He was just flirting with me. Are you jealous?" He looked as if he wanted to say something but then he bit his lip and looked away, staying silent. I'll take that as a yes.

The rest of teh way to Gran's was spent in complete and utter silence. But somehow it wasn't an awkward silence. After what felt like a few minutes we arrived at Gran's. "Hey hunny. You two have fun." Gran asked both of us as soon as we walked through the door. "Yeah. Fine." I said short and to the point. I really don't feel like having to break down everything to her. It's not like anything happeden anyway. "Hey Em. We have to go now. If we don't somebody might realize we're gone." Josh said getting up and saying goodbye to Gran. "Alright. Can you go wait in the car while I say bye?" While he walked out I said my goodbyes to Gran ans said "I'll see you soon." "I can't wait hunny. I wish you could have stayed longer." I say what she was doing. She was trying to talk me into staying the night. I have to admit I was tempted to stay and visit but I didn't want to risk getting cought sneaking out of the school. "Sorry Gran. I have to go. But I'll call you later." "Alright. Call me everyday." She said giving me a huge hug. She's so much like family it's scary. When she finally pulled away Zane stood up and informed everyone "Jake and I should get going too." Is he stalking me or something? "Umm...I think that mabye it would be betterif you stayed here Zane. Considering you still don't have a bed." I said trying to talk him out of coming back tonight so I could have the bed to myself. "Nope." He said popping the p. "You're stuck with me. And why would I want to pass up sleeping in the same bed with a beautiful girl like you?" I was going to say something but then I registered the tone of voice he used. He actually ment what he said. He thought I was beautiful. Well I guess that explains why he's been nice today. All he wants it to fuck the "beautiful girl." I huffed and headed towards my car. Josh then drove us back to the school.

It was a lot harder to get into the school then it was to get out. There was a gaurd that ended up spotting our car when we got the the garage. "Hey. Did the two of you have permission to be off school grounds?" The gaurd said coming towards us. Josh and I looked at each other and it wasn't hard to tell what each other was thinking. 'RUN!' But I knew that would just get us in more trouble so I shook my head just enough for Josh to catch on. "Well?" the woman asked right in front of us now. "No. We didn't." I replied honestly. She looked at me and then she looked at Josh. Then she said "Alright, don't tell anyone I'm doing this but...I'm gunna give you a warning." "Really?" I asked disbelief clear in my voice. "Yeah. I'm supposed to report you but I won't because this is your first time sneaking out. Oh, a little tip. If you want to sneak out don't get cought." She is the best gaurd here! Well, king of. I guess it depends on how you look at it. "Thank you." I said quickly walking towards the school doors. "That was awsome!" Josh said following close behind me. "But it was kind of wierd. I mean isn't she supposed to follow the rules and report everything?" "Look, right now I'm glad she doesn't follow the rules." "Don't get me wrong, I am too. But that just says something about the schools security. It sucks."

We got to the hall our rooms were in and went our seperate ways. Although I begged Josh the whole way to our rooms if I could sleep in his room tonight. After tons of begging and pleading...I got a big fat...no. So I slunk off to my room and within moments of arriving Zane walked in. "Thanks for distracting the gaurd. It made it pretty easy for us to slip back in unnoticed." He said smirking. "Whatever." I replied getting ready for bed. "Hey why were you acting so wierd today?" I asked him. "I wasn't." He replied stubbornly. "Yes you were." "No I wasn't now can you just drop it?" "Fine." I said walking into the bathroom to take a shower.

When I came back out Zane was passed out on the bed. I stopped for a second when I saw him. He looked sooo cute when he was sleeping. I guess it's because he isn't talking. But it's good he's sleeping. It gives me time to think. So many odd things have happened the past few days. I mean there is the Zane mystery and then there is the prophecy thing. I don't get why Mr. Houser was making such a big deal out of it. I mean it was just an assignment, but he keeps asking me questions about my interpretation. It's just some stupid prophecy. But whatever. I'll deal with that some other time. For now, I'm just going to forget about everything and go to sleep.

************************************************************

Ok. I know I haven't written in a while so I have a surprise for you.

************************************************************

*Mr. Houser (Emily's history of magic teacher)'s pov*

(Same time Emily is getting home)

Emily. She's such a simple girl. There doesn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary with her. But I know for a fact that's not the way things really are. She doesn't know it yet but she is extremely important in keeping our world safe. I just hope she is strong enough to do it. I'll have to speak with the principal and see if I can get her some extra training. I need her to be ready for what's to come. Everyone needs her to be ready. The fate of our world depends on it.

************************************************************

K. Sorry I haven't written in a while. I've been kinda busy. But here you go. I hope ya liked it. If ys did don't forget COMMENT, FAN, VOTE.

I'll try to upload again soon but I'm not promising anything. Like I said I'v been busy. So when I do get to go on wattpad I just want to relax.