Freak School (3)

Recap: Emily just walked into combat training and saw Zane.

*******************************************************

"Alright everyone. Quiet down" Mr. Kingsly, the teacher, said silencing everyone. "Lets start off with one on one. Everyone find your partners and get started." After he was finished giving orders he started walking towards me. "You must be the new student. Only one person doesn't have a partner so you will be his" he explained to me. "Zane! Get over here!" Oh no. I don't like where this is going. "Zane your going to be Emily's partner." The thing that scared me was Zane got this really big smile on his face and I know what that means. I AM getting my ass kicked. Noooooooo. "Ok, Miss West show me what you've got" Mr. Kingsly said. I was watching Zane as he said that. I knew he was going to strike. I could see he was about to attack but I just can't fight back. I'm afraid that if I do I'll kill him. That's when he lunged. I tried to dodge. It didn't go so well. I didn't get out of the way fast enough and he tackledme to the ground. "Fight back Emily!" Mr. Kingsly yelled. "I can't!" I yelled back trying to keep Zane from crushing me. "You can't or you won't?!" Apparently not fighting back gets people's attention because about a third of the people in the room were now looking at me like I was crazy. I kind of am for letting Zane kick my ass like this, but I don't want to kill anyone so I won't fight back. "I can't and won't." I said to the teacher. "Zane get up. Try again." he ordered. Zane did as he was told and stood up getting into a fighting stance again. "Emily fight back! It's fine. Plus Zane deserves to get his ass kicked a little." Mr. KIngsly said with a smile on his face. Just then I saw Zane lunging for me again. I was getting mad that they were making me do this. Next thing I knew I had a ball of fire in my hand and a ball of air in the other. That's not wierd at all. Note the sarcasm. AEveryone in the gym was staring at me in shock. Apparently it's not normal to be able to do this? Zane was still moving though. He was chanting something under his breath. I think it was a spell. A few seconds later I found out what the spell did. I went flying backwards. I hit my head on the wall and slid down until I was lying on the floor with my back resting against it. Zane walked over to me and leaned in too gast for me to even blink. He was going for my neck I could see it. He was going to win the fight by prentending to bite me. I don't think so. I quickly brought my arm back and then let it shoot foward. I hit him right in the eye and he backed up a bit. That was enough for me. I hurried to get away from him and I succeeded. Almost. I just got behind him when he turned around and grabbed my leg. Too fast for me to react he pulled and next thing I knew I was on the ground with him on top of me. The look on his face told me he was pissed. This is not good. He's my room mate. He could kick my ass later too. Whatever. I'm not turning back now. I hit him again. But this time I got him in the gut. Apparently that got him mad. Who knew. Anyway, he took my arms and restrained them above my head. This position probably looks sooo wrong. Then lightning fast he leaned in towards my neck and whispered "I win." before letting his fangs lightly touch my skin. Then he pulled away and the class erupted into cheers. But I have a bit of a temper so that's when my powers decided to kick in. I started to take the oxygen around Zane's face away. But I didn't mean to. I couldn't control it. "Emily are you doing this?!" asked Mr. Kingsly. "Emily stop!" Zane was now gasping for air. "I can't!" I was on the verge of a panic attack. "Emily calm down it might help." I tried to follow his advice by zoning out completely. It worked. The next thing I heard was Zane taking a huge gasp of air. "You bitch!" Zane screamed when he got enough air into his lungs. This time he really attacked me. I don't exactly remember what happened I just remember waking up in my room with Josh,Sam, Tess, and Andrew in the room. When I started to move Josh said "Thank god you're alright." That's my brother for ya. He always cares about his baby sister. "Hey I was worried about you." Sam chimed in. "I'm fine really." I hate it when people worry about me. "What happened. I mean I know Zane attacked me but I don't really remember anything after that" I said. That's when Andrew started to talk. "Well he beat your ass. I mean mostly it wasn't bad. There were scratches all over you and you got a small jolt of electricity sent into your body." He must have seen my confusion because he went on to explain. "Zane used his powers on you. But the worst part was when Zane bit you. He took a lot of your blood. You've been out for a few hours now. You got to skip your last class too. You know due to injury." Wait! He BIT me!!! That ASS! "Em, I know that face don't fight back. It''ll just cause problems." Josh said trying to convince me not to fight Zane. "What you're defending him?!" "No, I just don't want to see you get hurt again" Josh said. "Well she might be able to get him just a little mad. I mean with how fast she heals she could get a little hurt." What is she talking about. I heal just as fast as everyone else. "What are you talking about?" I asked. "She's talking about the fact that you should have puncture wounds from where Zane bit you but you don't." Cool. I heal fast. That's when I glanced over at the clock. It was eleven at night. "Well, it's getting kind of late. I'm gunna go to sleep now. Bye." They all left the room one bye one saying goodnight as they left. As I fell asleep I was praying that Zane didn't try and kill me in my sleep because of today. Well, I guess I'll worry about that tomarrow.

********************************

K, 5 comments till the next chapter