She sobbed in between.

>>I am nearly six month pregnant and he hasn't moved yet. They checked his heart and it was so strong, Arnav. It was so loud. Like yours, when I put my hand to feel it when you were sleeping.<<

Arnav placed Khushi back on the bed and laid next to her to listen to her words while holding her close. Khushi was totally into her outburst that she didn't even remark how Arnav hugged her and kissed her forehead. He knew he shouldn't have done it because he promised to stay away, but he couldn't resist the temptation. He needed to soothe her and give her comfort. Arnav needed to show Khushi that she was not alone and he would be there for her, because nothing was more important to him than Khushi and her happiness.

He waited for her to calm down and then Arnav finally spoke and came up with a suggestion which would be a good try.

>>How about I try to talk to him and tell him to move for you?<<

Khushi stilled again, but this time relaxed too. Arnav saw clearly how she was thinking of taking his offer into consideration, but also thinking about something. He would like to hear her thoughts.

She nodded and bit her bottom lip.

Arnav slid down to her belly. It took him few seconds to get his voice under control and get his stormy feelings under

>>Hi buddy. Your mom is upset a little bit and wanted to hear from you. You know, just in case, you need a doctor or hospital you should tell her.<<

He grinned hearing his own words. Waiting few seconds, Arnav continued to communicate to Khushi's unborn baby.

>>Okay, here is the reason why I am trying to get you to show your presence little prince. Your mom is really concerned and afraid that you aren't okay. Please give her a sign.<<

Arnav waited and waited. Even Khushi waited excitedly, but to her sorry, no movement came or any other sign happened.

Arnav closed his eyes to find the strength for his next suggestion, but in the same time felt how afraid he was to say something wrong and scare her.

>>Can I touch your belly?<<

Khushi looked down and Arnav felt her gaze on him. Both were laying on their sides so Arnav couldn't figure out what Khushi thought, because he couldn't see her and moving his head up to look into her face, was too much.

Arnav felt how his heart skipped the beat and her voice resounded at the same time. Her voice was so soft and silent that Arnav wondered if Khushi spoke at all, and this all was just his imagination.

>>Yes, you can touch me.<<

He moved her top up to free Khushi from her clothes. The view of her swollen belly with his child made something to him. His chest wanted to burst out of pride and love. Spending a few months away from her made Arnav weak and powerless and now, after so long, he felt the energy coming back to him.

Carefully, Arnav placed his fingers on Khushi's soft skin and moved it over her belly until his whole palm was in the middle of the small ball. He breathed out deeply and painfully and Khushi did the same. Arnav wanted to kiss his baby, to tell him he loved him, but he was scared to do something like that. After all, Khushi wished him to stay away from her and the baby, and he actually wanted to fulfil her wishes.

Being so close to his child caused pain to the place where an organ was pumping the blood through his body. There were so many things which crossed Arnav's mind right now, but he refused to give in to some thoughts, feelings or anything else like happiness.

Arnav's hand started moving, but the words still didn't want to leave. There was so much he wanted to say, but he kept silent. He pressed his palm a little bit against Khushi's belly in hope to feel his baby, but he was rewarded with something much better.

Something small pushed back inside his palm and he immediately looked up to Khushi. Her eyes were wide open and she looked truly shocked. Arnav saw written in Khushi's face that she felt the movement too.

>>I felt it too. Try again.<<

Arnav moved his head back to her belly and again pressed his palm against Khushi's belly.

The move happened again, immediately after Arnav had pressed his palm against Khushi's belly. His gasp filled the room, while his hand did what felt right in the moment and that was to press against the belly, again.

The life inside answered again by kicking.

Their communication went on for a while, until Arnav spoke to Khushi.

>>See, he is okay. And...<<, he looked up to see her eyes, >>your baby is wonderful, Khushi.<<

She placed her hand over his and smiled weakly, closing her eyes. She must be exhausted and Arnav felt the same. He just wanted to do the same, but before he closed his eyes and kissed her belly.

That was maybe one of the last possibilities to be near Khushi and his baby at the same time.

It was then that he finally closed his eyes and slept.

*

As soon as Arnav opened his eyes again when the bright sun illuminated the room, he panicked. He was afraid about Khushi's reaction because he slept next to her. He looked next to him and saw the bed empty.

Arnav stood up and run formally through the house, looking for Khushi. Was everything a dream? Was this his punishment?

He found her in the garden. Khushi was laying on the lounger and bathed in the sun. He got enough time to observe her. She looked extremely peaceful and calm laying there, her hand on her belly.

Khushi opened her eyes as soon as she felt Arnav's gaze and leaned up.

>>Good Morning, Arnav.<<

She smiled like she has smiled when he met her few years ago. She smiled like she was the old Khushi, without any bad experience in her past.

Arnav's heart stopped beating. This was the Khushi he met. He knew it as soon as her eyes met his. This was the woman whom he destroyed and brought her to the point of being a shadow of her own self. She was so innocent when he met her. She was so different, and then she had to go through hell because of him and his actions.

And now. She was smiling like the same Khushi he has met once. She was back and she gave her smile to him. It was a present he thought he would never get again.

He promised himself to keep this picture deep in his heart forever. There was nothing more of the value that anyone could ever give him. Khushi's smile was more worth than any money, jewels or treasures. Now, whatever might come, Arnav could truly leave this earth happy.

He was ready to for whatever comes in the future and would accept whatever punishment would come.

Copyright©NilaKeis