Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Lavanya looked shocked from him to her boss Akash who closed his eyes and seemed frustrated. She repeated one of his last sentences again and again. Find me the best. Find me the best. The best embroider. She took her bag automatically and turned around to door like a robot. How in this world should she find someone when not even pictures about this work exist? The people who use this kind of work are very traditional and warily toward strangers. How should she enter the world of this so strict and hidden society? How?

Once again she realized that her sharp and fast tongue brought her into this complicated situation and if her own upcoming failure wasn't enough, she knew she was going to destroy a great opportunity for her boss Akash too. This job was very important for Akash and she was the one to risk everything just because she couldn't shut her mouth. The desperation was written in Akash's face and for him, only because of him, she felt bad for standing up for herself.

Actually she would stop wasting their all precious time if she admits to ASR, that finding someone who would be willing to share the knowledge about the art of embroidery was impossible, but the face of her good hearted boss touched the ambitious part of her and she moved her chin up to speak.

>>Don't worry. I find you the best, Mr. ASR. I give you my word, even if it's the last thing I am going to do, I am going to find you the best embroider in India. Someone who knows how to do this special embroidery and is willing to share the knowledge with us. This is my promise to you and my boss Mr. Sharma.<<

She turned around and left his conference room with the rest of her courage after her speech.

She walked to the lift and entered it not knowing how she actually came inside when she remarked that Akash followed her. There was a short silence before she spoke to him.

>>I will find someone.<<

Akash crossed his hands and looked pretty annoyed to Lavanya.

>>Well, you should. By the way, I can't help you. He told me if he finds out, the deal is history. So you have to do it all alone.<<

Lavanya nodded and tried to find new strength.

>>Miss Kasyap?<<

Akash's voice seemed soft but whoever knew him, could say that in all this softness, something sharp was hiding. She gulped when she heard how he used her surname. She knew he used it only when he is so damn angry at her to tell her to leave his office, but to her pity they weren't there. They stood inside this lift and she felt how it moved down, just like her own self-confidence.

>>If you fail, I fail with you. And in the end, we have nothing, so please, please find someone.<<

She closed her eyes and held her bag up to press it to her chest. She doesn't know why she did it, but she felt solace in the cold material of her bag.

>>Don't worry, boss. I find a way, no matter what.<<

Akash took a deep breath.

>>I don't know how you are going to do it, but I hope for us and our future you are successful.<<

*

Arnav walked to the adjoining bathroom and washed his hands thoroughly with soap. He couldn't stop thinking about her and what happened three years ago. There was not a single day in this three years he didn't think or dream about her. Again, he thought how he met her for the very first time and how he held her in his arms.