Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Journey to the house was silent and the air between the two newlyweds was heavy. Khushi couldn't remove the old woman words from her head and Arnav was silent too. They reached the house in one good half hour and Arnav walked into the house leaving Khushi behind. She opened the car door and stepped outside. In her hand was a bunch of her clothes that she brought from her old house. She tried to picture her new life in the new home, while she touched her red saree.

It took her a while to accept the new life and leave the old behind. Gone was the little girl and was replaced by a young bride who was about to start a new life with the new partner. Before she stepped inside, she breathed the weight of the old out and left place for all new challenges.

The house was big. Much bigger than her parent's house. Also, it was elegant, modern and expensive looking. There was no one to welcome her inside but she didn't care to ask where Arnav's family was. The reason for her not carrying wasn't because she was ignorant but because she promised to accept his family and love them as her own. That's why Khushi didn't ask any questions or felt anything else as acceptance and love.

She wanted is to get her parent's love and of course be one good wife, because Arnav deserved this.

With every step inside the house she repeated silent her vows and promised to be good wife, love Arnav from the bottom of her heart and do everything to make him happy. After all, he was the one who was on her side in the hardest time of her life and she will never forget to be thankful for everything he did.

Her eyes followed the banisters to first floor while she walked around in the big hall. No one was around. Not even Arnav ji. She walked through every part of the house touching her Mangalsutra with her fingertips. Finally she found him sitting outside in the garden starring at the plants. His face was sad and his glance directed somewhere far away. Sunshine touched his hair and his dark skin showed a perfect picture. His facial features would force every sculptor down on his knees, this was sure for Khushi. She still couldn't believe that this amazing piece of man was interested in her and even decided to take her as his wife. One small smile crept on her face. She thought how to remove sorrows from his face. She didn't want to bother him because she had the feeling that he wanted to be alone. Still, she wanted her husband to be happy, not sad and lost, as he looked right now.

***

Khushi turned around and walked into the kitchen that was big and luxurious. She decided to make some food and bring Arnav ji into the better mood. It was late in the afternoon and it was still so hot that everyone spend the time inside the house. Sun shined ruthless through the windows but Khushi ignored the heat. All she wanted was to prepare food for her husband. There was it again. The smile on her lips. She must smile because of the thought on the word husband. Was this all real? Was she really married to him? Was she really a wife? Was she really his wife?

She looked around in the kitchen and tried to find something to make a dinner. She was not sure what Arnav liked so she decided to make different food. She made naan, daal, raita, shahi paneer, salad and as dessert, jalebi. All was prepared carefully and while the dish was about to cool down, she decided to take the jewelry down and refresh herself a little. She walked upstairs in search for one room where she could take her jewelry down and wash herself, before she called him for dinner. Finally, Khushi discovered a room which seem used and have a feeling this was Arnav's room.

The proof for her assumption was that different t-shirts were spread all over the furniture.

***