All of a sudden, he hung his head in shame.

>>I am... I am sorry Khushi. I am sorry because I upset you.<<

She walked towards him and stopped when her chest nearly touched his.

The moment he looked up, he saw her fearless gaze. He saw how self-confident she became.

>>I don't want to talk about it right now. We'll talk later. Now we are going to eat. Come!<<

She walked to the kitchen and called.

>>Please take a seat at the dining table.<<

Arnav did what Khushi ordered him to do. He took place at the dining table and waited patiently for her to return from the kitchen. A few minutes later, Khushi came back with the food and placed in front of Arnav. She turned around and wanted to go back to kitchen when Arnav stood up to follow her.

>>I'll help you.<<

She called back, while she continued walking to the kitchen.

>>No need to help me. Just sit down.<<

She came back with more food and filled his plate with it. He observed every move of hers and couldn't even describe how he felt seeing her back here. She looked like the woman he knew, but still different. This Khushi was self-confident and strong. She looked like a female version of ASR just with her usual clothes. As soon as his eyes touched her belly, he looked away ashamed and hurt.

He reminded himself the words she told him and her intention.

But still, even though, he respected her and her decision, he wanted to see and feel the baby.

His eyes fixed on his plate, Arnav started eating.

The whole dinner was pretty silent and even though, Khushi enjoyed this silence. It was still weird for him to sit with her at the same table, hear her voice or be in this condo.

As soon as they ended, Khushi started cleaning the table and he followed her to the kitchen with dirty dishes. He saw in her face that she wasn't very happy. She took the dishes from his hand and spoke, >>why don't you take a shower and we'll talk after that.<<

She turned around and started washing the plates, while Arnav followed her wish and walked upstairs to their old bedroom. Walking inside the bathroom and taking off his clothes, he could only create a thought filled with the hope that Khushi would still be there, when he came out of the shower. He hoped he wasn't dreaming.

The warm water heated his skin and everything was okay until the second, he saw black and the dark deepness was swallowing him.

*

Khushi walked inside the bedroom and heard the water running. She wanted to change her clothes as long as Arnav was under the shower. She removed her clothes and was in her underwear when she heard the loud thud coming from bathroom.

She hurriedly walked inside the bathroom and saw Arnav on his knees inside the shower. He leaned against the wall when she opened the glass door. His eyes were closed, when she walked inside to touch his face.

The warm water soaked her underwear and bra. His eyes opened slowly and she saw how weak and tired he was.

His hand moved to her face and he stroked her bottom lip with his thumb.

The water was running down their faces, but their eyes were too focused on each other that they couldn't even remark what water did to them. It was Khushi who moved closer. Her eyes wandered to his lips and she wanted nothing more than to kiss him. Arnav removed his hand very slowly from her face and he looked like he stopped breathing.

Inch by inch, Khushi moved her head closer to his, her eyes wandering down to his lips while she realized something. This was what she missed. This was what she wanted. This was what she craved for.

Being close to Arnav in a sexual way made her feel alive. It gave her the feeling to be loved and cherished and no one else could give her this feeling. Not that she ever tried to meet someone else. She couldn't even imagine to be close to someone else, like she did with Arnav. Their intimacy was only for them and no one else could replace him. Not for Khushi. But she couldn't say how Arnav felt. Maybe he did met someone.

Khushi blinked few times to remove these thoughts and old memories.

Her mind ignored the feelings of her being angry and disappointed with Arnav. It hid those memories in some small drawer where their past was hidden too, to stay inside forever. And the door of the room in her mind, which was made of steel was locked strongly and it was hard to destroy the door.

Khushi forgave Arnav in that moment. She forgave him for all those things he had done to her even though, she knew it would be hard to forget. Maybe she would never be able to forget but she has every intention to at least try to forgive.

Her body moved with her head and a few inches before Khushi's lips touched his, her belly was the first thing that made contact to Arnav's body.

In the same second his eyes widened and Arnav pulled back his body from hers.

Arnav's head fell down, so that his chin touched his chest and he murmured.

>>I am sorry.<<

Khushi whispered back and didn't know why. They were alone in the room, in the whole condo, so why did he whisper? And why didn't Arnav look into her eyes anymore. His cheeks turned red too.

>>For what?<<

He closed his eyes and answered her question.

>>For everything. For every single pain I gave to you. For my words and actions that brought tears to your beautiful eyes. For my hands that didn't treat you like you deserved.<<

>>Simply, for everything.<<

>>Are you sorry for making me concerned about your well-being? Are you sorry for your suicide attempt three days ago? Are you sorry for wanting to leave this world, Arnav?<<

His eyes became sad, but she saw honesty in them when he answered her questions.

>>No. No Khushi I am not sorry, because my punishment is unavoidable.<<

Copyright©NilaKeis