Chapter 1: New Friend/Family Member

"I think Josh is pretty great, and that's coming from me

"I think Josh is pretty great, and that's coming from me." ~Juliet Harrison
***
Drake opens the door for Juliet as they both head inside his house. They see Audrey and Mr. Nichols making out on the couch. Juliet looks at drake with a look of disgust as Drake shudders.

"I think you know what to do." Juliet whispers to Drake. Drake nods and heads over to the couch and pulls out his whistle and blows it. Making Audrey and Mr. Nichols scream in fright.

"Drake!" Audrey said in a scolding voice.

"Hey Mom." Drake said happily but then looked at Walter. "Mr. Nichols." He said his voice filled with annoyance.

"Hello Audrey, and Mr. Nichols." Juliet said as she sat her backpack down next to Drake's. Audrey gives her a smile.

The door from the kitchen soon slams open a boy with a orange shirt screams as he holds a blue mop. "What happened? I heard screaming!" The kid yelled as he looked around the house.

"It's alright son, there's nothing wrong here." Mr. Nichols said. Juliet stands still behind Drake as she watched the scene unfold.

"Josh, what-what are you doing here? What's he doing here?" Drake asked confused. Juliet had no idea what was going on and wished she was back at home.

Josh looked excited. "Tell him and the pretty lady standing next to him." He said as Juliet blushed. Audrey gave him an unsure look.

"Wait Drake quick get your sister." Audrey said as she looked at Walter with excitement.

"MEGAN!" Drake yells as Audrey and Mr. Nichols stand up from the couch. Megan soon comes to the living room using her hand as a shield for her eyes.

"Ugh, are they done sucking face yet?" Megan asked her voice filled with annoyance. Audrey nods her head at Walter once all the kids are in the room.

"Kids. Josh, his dad, and I have been going out for a long time now and we have some news." Audrey said as she hugged Mr. Nichols. Juliet stood  all awkwardly next to Drake, as she knew it was a bad time for her to be there.

Drake looked at Juliet and his mother. "You got me a dirt bike?" He said sounding uneasy. Juliet rolled her eyes.

"No." Audrey said then looked at Walter before looking at the kids again.

"We're getting married!" Both her and Mr. Nichols shouted. Juliet looked at Drake with wide eyes. Drake bends down dramatically holding his hand to his heart.

"Oh, oh." He said as if he was in pain. "Your getting mar-married?" Drake asked in disbelief. Mr. Nichols nodded his head. Juliet soon moved towards Megan notching she was standing alone.

"Yeah, were going to be one big old happy family." Walter said excitingly. Drake wasn't taking the news so well as he had a look of disbelief/shock showed. "Wait, Wait. You mean he's going to be my step father?" Drake asked his mother. Mr. Nichols just laughed. Drake turned around towards Josh.

"And you. Your going to be my. He's going to be my?" Drake said as he stuttered. Juliet looked at Megan. "Should I go?" She whispered. Megan shook her head.

"Hug me brotha!" Josh shouted at Drake as he picked him up and hugged him tightly. Drake then begins screaming as he realized what just happened. Juliet laughed as she saw Josh picked him up.

(I know I don't necessarily need to do the theme song part but imma do it anyway since most fanfics don't.)

Well I never thought that it be so simple but,
I found a way,
I found a way,
If you open up your mind,
See what's inside (see what's inside),
It's gonna take some time to realign,
But if you look inside I'm sure you'll find,
Over your shoulder you know that I told you I'll always be picking you up when your down,
So just turn around,
Ooooooooooooooooh.
***
After hearing the whole news Drake was upstairs playing his guitar as Juliet sat and listened.

"How's it sounding so far?" Drake asked Juliet. Juliet looked at him with a smile. "It sounds amazing." She said with a wink. Soon a knock was heard outside the door and Audrey came in with a pillow and blanket.

"Drake, Josh is downstairs. Juliet you should probably head home soon since it's getting late." Audrey said with a smile. Drake turns around and looks at his mother.

"Yes Ma'am." Juliet said as she started to collect some of her things. "Oh really, cuz I was just writing a song about him." Drake as he started to play his guitar. "It's called I'm not sharing my room with Josh." Drake said unamused. Audrey just gave him a look as Drake got up from his chair.

"Look I know this is gonna be a big adjustment but I need you to give this a chance." Audrey said. Juliet sighed. "Josh is great Drake, and that's coming from me. I hardly know him and I can tell he's gonna be an awesome step brother." Juliet said trying to get Drake to agree to this new adjustment in his life.

Drake ignores her. "But mom he's goofy, and clammy." Drake started to say as Josh showed up carrying a bunch of luggage. "Hiya Drake!" Josh said enthusiastically. "He's here." Drake said his voice filled with disappointment.

"Hello Josh!" Juliet said as she smiled at the goofy boy. He smiled back. Drake glared at her. He can't believe she doesn't care what is happening to him. They won't be able to spend time alone together if he has to share a room with Josh.

"I brought you some licorice! The red kind. I know some people like the black kind, I thought I'd play it safe." Josh said as he rambled. Drake shut the door on him stopping him from his rambling. Julie crossed her arms over her chest.

"Drake, that was completely rude." Juliet said as she gave him a disappointed look. Drake shrugged and looked at his mother. Audrey just shook her head and walked towards the door to open it for Josh.

"Mom don't do this to me." Drake said annoyed. He was angry that everything was gonna change. He was gonna have a new brother and a new father which he didn't want. He mostly didn't want to loose his special time with Juliet.

"I should have gotten the black kind right?" Josh asked as he walked into the room. Juliet laughed. "Drake loves the red kind and I do as well!" Juliet said as she stood by the door waiting to leave. Josh smiled at the girl. He made a note to buy her the red kind licorice.

"Well bye Drake, and Josh. I'll leave you two alone to get to know one another better." Juliet said as she left Drake's room, not realizing she left her notebook on the couch.
***
Here's the first chapter! Hope you all like it! I will be working on the second one tonight 😁 Please comment, vote, and share the story! I do have big plans for Drake and Juliet in the future episodes.