𝐟 𝐨 𝐫 𝐭 𝐲 : 𝐭 𝐡 𝐫 𝐞 𝐞 : 𝙝𝙤𝙡𝙙 𝙢𝙚

Start from the beginning

"It was an emergency in Goldania, wasn't it?"

"I had to leave soon. I can't have the people of Illusion endanger my people in other kingdoms, and it just gives me an excuse to kill them because they want my Diana, I'm not letting that happen." Lazarus groaned after clutching the bridge of his nose, feeling a throbbing pang of pain grace his forehead.

"What about Jacqueline?"

"Hiding, don't know where. But she got my message very clearly, I'm not playing nice this time."

"Good boy. But don't overwork yourself son, she's waiting for you here."

"I'll be there as soon as possible father, keep her distracted. I planned the gift that she'll get later."

"Oh my, is it already ready?"

"Already packed. Once I get this leach under my fangs and kill her, I'll do it."

"If you need any advise to pop the question, don't hesitate to ask me how I pursued your mother, I'm sure you'd love to have something up your alley." Micheal chuckled mischievously after the mentioning of his son's anxiety about the question, making Lazarus roll his eyes while rubbing his temples.

"Whatever. Let me finish some work, entertain her please. I want her happy tonight."

And with that, the vampire king ended the connection with his father, proceeding to finish his reading of the latest updates about the Stormanian trades and crop results over a course of a few months, relaxing after the increasing stock of subsistence in his kingdom in a short amount of time, all thanks to his irrigation ideas.

He was beyond ecstatic to meet his mate after many moons had passed, only wanting to come back to embrace her and keep her safe with him at all times, sneering at the fact that Illusion's and Jacqueline's people tried to circle Goldania without getting spotted under anyone's eye.

He loathed their attempt to sneak in and control his people again, volunteering to cause a massacre with his bare hands and protect his own people from further torture, being the cause of more than hundreds of deaths in the past few days, having no regrets as it was all for her, and only her.

He angrily glanced at his drawer with a lick to his lips, softening his expression after realising what's being contained inside it, knowing the gift he had worked on for weeks was finally providing the actual fruit, making his heartbeat accelerate and even skip a beat at the thought of her making her his legally.

He again groaned after rubbing his face and ruffling up his neat hair, making it messy according to how his love would like it more while she would massage him every night before cuddling with her, feeling himself get sleepier and more tired than before, letting himself have his first yawn in many years.

He found it odd that he wanted to sleep, knowing he doesn't even need sleep because of being dead, only having rest when Diana would be beside him every night, before pushing away the content on his desk and wiping his mouth.

He couldn't wait to have everything finished and just enjoy with Diana all night, adorning her with his kisses and listening to her giggle at his ridiculous jokes, really wanting to have her envision her birthday in a good way since she hates it because of the worm incident.