Chapter 3- Rainbows

Ally went to her room to freshen up for school. She took a nice, warm shower, brushed her teeth, combed her shoulder-length brown hair, put on a grey hoodie with some jeans, and ran downstairs where her sister was waiting for her.
"Took your time, didn't you?" was what her sister greeted her with.
"So did you. What a coincidence." said Ally, sarcastically.
Before they were out the door, they heard their parents say goodbye.
Ally and Tessa got in their school bus. It was always a mess in there, especially when Tessa and her friends are together. Once, they got into a food fight on the bus. That got both Tessa and Ally sent to the Principal's office. The principal said that Ally had to be a "responsible sister". She sat on one of the seats and looked out the window. The sun shone brightly in the bright, blue sky. Everything was normal... except the rainbow in the sky.
A rainbow?
But it wasn't raining...
The rainbow looked beautiful with the bright sunlight and cool air outside. Ally sighed. Who cares? It was just a rainbow... wasn't it?
"Hey, Ally!" whispered her sister from behind the seat. "What?" asked Ally.
"I heard Jennifer got one of those cool bracelets from the mall. You know, the one I've always wanted?" said Tessa.
Ally knew what Tessa was going to ask. "I'm not buying it for you." Ally said simply.

The bus came to a stop after about 15 (annoying) minutes. Ally grabbed her bag and got up. A few kids pushed her bag over and ran off laughing. Ally started picking her things up. Why did every school day have to be like this? "What're you waiting for? Christmas?" teased Tessa as she shoves by her. Ally rolled her eyes and continued the "journey" to her class.
When she finally reached her locker, she saw Jennifer and her "friends" at the end of the hall. Ally tried her best to ignore them. But she knew they had noticed her, and they were coming her way. She shoved her books into her bag and ran out of there as fast as she could. As she did, she heard a teacher yell, "NO RUNNING IN THE CORRIDORS!"
She reached class and quickly took a seat in a nearby chair. "Ah yes," said Miss Gladis, "Miss Frost. I hope you have a good explanation for coming in this late." Ally glanced at the clock. She was only 2 minutes late. But of course, Miss Gladis had to make a big deal out of it. "Sorry professor, it won't happen again." Ally said feeling annoyed. As the class went by she stared out the window. The rainbow was still there. But it was different this time. It almost looked like... it didn't have any color. But that's not possible. Ally was just imagining things. She decided to forget about it and might as well pay attention to the professor. When the bell finally rang after what seemed like eternity, Ally pushed past everyone to leave for her next classes. She kept staring out the window throughout the day and still saw the rainbow. It felt weird, in the class it was like the students were prepearing for th next World War, with all the havock they were creating, and then outside there was a single, dull rainbow. The rainbow reminded Ally of herself a bit though. There were kids everywhere, happily talking and laughing among themselves. Having fun.  There were trees, and flowers and birds. And then there was the rainbow. The most different out of all of them. It was because everything else looked so vibrant and happy...and then the rainbow that looked boring and dark. But each rainbow was made the same wasn't it? Each rainbow was made out of water and sunlight. So why would people look at Ally diferrently? She wasn't anything special. Sure, she got good grades, but would the kids in this school really care about grades? They were too busy talking about the new movie in the cinema or the new brand of car.

So as weird as it was, the only comfort Ally had at the moment was a rainbow.