Chapter 2- Post

Ally sank down into one of the chairs. "A new school?" asked Ally. "Yes, honey, a new school." answered her mom. 

"What's wrong with the school I'm studying in now? Because if this is about when I ditched History class, I swear I'll never do it again." said Ally. "No it's not- wait, you ditched History?" replied her dad. "The important thing is,"- her mom shot a furious look at her-"You can make new friends and focus better at this school. I even heard they have unique ways of teaching the students there." her mom said. "And there will be no ditching classes there." she added. "Why can't I just go to one school for my whole life?", asked Ally, "Why do I need to keep switching schools?" 

"Ally, you're a bright, and smart child. You can achieve anything you want if you put your mind to it. You're just moving to a new school, it's not the end of the world." said her dad.

"Except for her it is."

Ally heard her younger sister, Tessa, come into the room from behind the door. Tessa was usually a kind girl, if you didn't count the whining, bossiness, anger, yelling, the list goes on and on...

If you didn't count those, Tessa could practically be an angel, and that's saying something. Ally always tries to avoid doing anything with Tessa, because her little sister always finds a way to get Ally into trouble. 

There she stood, her brown hair tied up into a long ponytail. She was wearing a pink, little jumpsuit, with pink hearts all over it and a pink bracelet, with pink -muddy- shoes. Come to think of it, even her hands were muddy, and her jumpsuit had stains of stinky, slimy, brown mud all over it. 

"Stay out of this, will you?" snapped Ally. "What if I don't?" Tessa snapped back.

"Enough of this girls." said her mom.

"Yes, mommy" replied Tessa, in a fake innocent tone. But on her way to the table, she smirked at Ally she walked. "Tessa!" exclaimed her mom.

"What? Oh, right, be right back." Tessa ran out of the hall to wash herself up. "How about you stay there and never come back?" muttered Ally, under her breath.

The doorbell rang. Ally's parents glanced at her.

"Me?" she asked, "Right, of course it's me..." She went up to the door and saw a fancy envelope on the floor. It had golden swirls and colorful, pretty glitter around it. The front said:

To, Miss Ally Frost

2nd street of Sapphire Avenue, 2nd house from the front, 2nd crystal from the house 2 blocks away.

2nd crystal from the house two blocks away...

 The house two blocks away was where "The Weird Girl" lived. Her name was Amy. No one knows her last name. Not even her. She was adopted when she was about 9 months old. Ally had never seen or met her, and she didn't want to either. She heard a lot of stories from her classmates to know that Amy was a weird, abnormal, and crazy girl.

Ally took the letter with her to the kitchen table, still staring at the last sentence on the front of the envelope. It felt light. Lighter than envelopes usually felt. It almost felt as though it wasn't there at all...

"Oh! That must be the acceptance letter from your new school!" exclaimed her mom. Ally gave it to her. Ally waited for her parents to notice the mysterious sentence at the end. "Does the envelope feel light to you?" asked her dad. "That's exactly what I wondered! And why have I never noticed our address only has "twos" in it? And what in the world is the second crystal from the house two blocks away?" As questions built up inside Ally's head, she thought of how she was never going to see her school again. Sure, it's a long time from now, but she was still never going tosee it again. As much as she didn't like it there, she had...memories? But she didn't have many friends at school. They all thought she was weird. And none of them lived on her street. What was there to lose? "I'm sure we'll figure it all out when we reach the school." assured her mom. 

"Yeah... sure..." muttered Ally.

"Ally, are you okay?", asked her dad, "Ally? ALLY!

"Huh, w-w-what?" stammered Ally, "I mean... yeah! Definetly!"

"Good. Now go upstairs and freshen up. And what is taking Tessa so long?" said her mom.

As her mom and dad left the room, Ally pretended to go put the plates in the sink. She thought about what just happened. It wasn't going to the new school that was off, it was the letter she just read. She knew it was no big deal, and she would figure it out when she started going to the new school, but something just felt...off. She had a funny churning sensation in her stomach, followed by a huge urge to throw something. And what did the last sentence on that letter mean?

2nd crystal from the house two blocks away...