Chapter 4- The Weird Girl

Ally got out of the bus to go back home. She walked through the neighbourhood and kept her eyes on the pavement. She always hoped that there would be a day when something different happened in her life. One where she didn't move to another school every year and make new friends, just to leave and never see them again. But it was happening again. But Ally promised herself that that she wouldn't grow attached to anyone this year. She finally reached her door. Her mum and dad weren't home and Tessa had left to her friend's place. As Ally fiddled with the key to her house, she heard chattering. She turned to her left and saw Amy. Amy with her long blonde hair framing the side of her face and her dark brown eyes. Her glowing skin shone in the sunlight. Even though she would normally ignore what everyone said about people, there was something wrong with Amy. And it wasn't normal. For example, Amy was apparently... talking to a tree. Now would you say that's normal? Before Ally could look away, Amy turned towards her and waved at her.

Well shoot.

So much for trying to stay away from her. Ally pretended to not see her and started wreching the key into the door. Why won't this damn door open?! "Hey, Ally!" screamed Amy. Screw it. Ally stopped trying to jam the key into into the keyhole and turned to Amy. She put on a fake smile and waved back. "Hi Amy." she mumbled. Amy motioned her to come towards her. Ally sighed. Well, here goes the hope that someone would actually like her. She walked towards Amy and stopped in front of her. "I don't think we've met before. We should hang out often! You seem like a nice person!" said Amy, with a huge smile. Enough of this rubbish. Ally wanted to know what was going on. "Why were you talking to a tree?" she asked simply.

The smile dropped from Amy's face. "You saw that?" she asked, nervously. 'Well, obviously, its not that hard to spot." replied Ally. Amy's face turned pale."Okay, this just got serious. Follow me and don't say anything." said Amy. Her face and tone was cold as ice and she looked tense. Ally searched her face for a sign of a joke but Amy's expression didn't change. And then Ally burst out laughing. Amy was taken aback. "What're you laughing about?" she asked, narrowing her eyes in annoyance. "You look so serious! Well, let me tell you, you either have something on your mind, or severe mood swings." There were now tears in Ally's eyes because of laughing so much. Amy looked outraged. "What is wrong with you? I'm trying to help you!" whisper-yelled Amy. "Help me?! Help me with what? A lecture on how to be crazy?" chuckled Ally. Amy looked impatient. "Okay, that's it. I'm done being nice." she said sternly. Amy grabbed Ally's hand and pulled her towards her house. All the houses on the block were white and boring, but Amy's was a light shade of yellow. As Amy tried to pull her into her house, Ally started screaming. "HELP! SOMEONE HELP! I'M BEING KIDNAPPED! HELP ME!" She tried pulling away from Amy's grasp, but she was too strong. She didn't look it though...

After Amy finally got Ally into her room, she guarded the door so that Ally didn't leave. Ally tried to hide in the corner of Amy's room. Ally noticed the yellow wallpaper and the light pink bed. A bunch of stuffed toys sat on the same bed while shelves holding books and photographs of what Ally supposed was Amy's family stood at the side of the room. She saw posters of famous bands that she heard about. Overall, she hated it here. She had a stressful day at school and wanted to stay at home drinking hot chocolate and watching television. "Look, there's no need to be scared. I'm not a monster." said Amy, calmly. Ally stared at her with a blank face. "LETMEOUTOFHEREIWANNAGOBACKHOMEANDDRINKHOTCHOCOLATE" Ally screamed. Amy was still determined to talk to Ally. "Look, if you cooperate and listen to me, I'll let you go if you want to." she offered. Ally wanted more then anything to escape this freakhouse. "Okay...okay fine. I'll listen." Ally calmed down. She sat down on Amy's bed and waited for her to start talking. Amy picked a chair up and sat in front of Ally. They stared at each other. Well this was awkward...

"Okay, well...Ally...you're not...normal..." started Amy. "Tell me something I don't know." replied Ally with a blank stare. "No...I mean...you aren't what you think you are..." said Amy, furrowing her brows. Ally gave her a confused look. "I'm not the one who was supposed to tell you this..." muttered Amy. "Come on." she said, and motioned Ally to follow her. She went to one of her small cupboards and opened it. It was completely empty. No shelves, no nothing inside. She got on her knees and started crawling inside. Ally looked bewildered. "Well, what're you waiting for?" asked Amy. She crawled into the cupboard. Ally looked inside and saw the back of the cupboard, but when she turned to the left, she saw a few leaves. Ally was palms were getting sweaty. Am I really going to do this? All my fantasies of people befriending me will all go to waste once everyone finds out I'm spending time with...her.

Screw it.

Ally's gut told her to just go for it. So Ally got down on her knees and crawled into the cupboard, shutting the door. It was a short way to go considering it was a small cupboard. There were a few vines but it was easy to squirm through. She reached the end and stood up. She dusted herself off and looked around. "Finally! What took you so long?" exclaimed Amy from Ally's right, "Doesn't matter. Well, Ally, Welcome to Jemavaniya!"

Ally's mouth dropped slack open in shock.