It's raining cats and dogs

Start from the beginning

"Noona, it's been 16 years. You already made the decision and please don't regret it now"

Jisung stops and takes a deep breath, "I'll be forever thankful for you, Noona. That you gave up your life for me, please don't say that you regret it, Noona. This isn't your fault" Jisung begs.

"I never regret that Jisung-ah, that was the best thing that I could do for you, I don't want you to end up like me. But Mina, I thought she could end up like you are, chasing her dreams after I left her, forget her life with me, and move on, but she can't. I ruined her life, Jisung-ah"

Chaeyoung cried after the last sentence.

"Noona, I am so sorry to hear that. I do. But you promised me to lead a happy life Noona, I agreed that you could move back to South Korea, the place that hurt you so bad, so you could have a happy life. After everything you've done, you deserve that"

"I can't Jisung-ah, I don't deserve any of this while she suffered like that"

Chaeyoung continues to cry, Jisung can't do anything except just being there, listening to his sister.

Chaeyoung remembers that Mina has always been a quiet girl, but she talked about opera, or when her favorite opera soloist released something, she was so excited to show it to Chaeyoung. Mina can't stop talking when it comes to opera. To imagine that she can't do it again and had to bury her dreams just makes Chaeyoung mad at herself.

Chaeyoung can't live like this, she needs to hear from Mina herself. It was 7 in the morning when Chaeyoung called Mina.

"Hello?" Mina sounds excited picking up a phone from Chaeyoung.

"Hello. Are you home?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Can I go to your house, is Chan Sunbae around?"

"No, he's in Japan. You can come here, why do you sound so depressed, Chaeyoungie?"

"Alright, I'll be there in 15" Chaeyoung dodged the question.

"Okay, take care" Mina then hung up the phone.

It was odd that Chaeyoung all of sudden wanted to visit her house.

Chaeyoung rings the bell and Mina opens the door for her. Chaeyoung then comes to Mina's house. It's her first time here. Mina has always visited her in her apartment, but this Chaeyoung's first time visiting Mina's house. She looks around, there are not so many pictures but she could see Mina's family picture with Bang Chan and Sujin. Mina looks at Chaeyoung while brewing the coffee. Chaeyoung moves to the baby grand. She could see another photo frame there.

Bang Chan when he got Producer of The Year from the most prestigious music award.

Mina and Bang Chan with Park Jinyoung PD.

Sujin when she was a kid on her piano.

And Chaeyoung gasps at the last picture on the baby grand. It's a picture of Mina with Jo Sumi, a Korean coloratura soprano, a Grammy award winner for being an opera.

Chaeyoung's heart feels the lump. Chaeyoung tried her best to hold her tears.

"Minari" Chaeyoung calls for her while she's still making her coffee.

"Hem?" Mina softly humming at her.

"Why did you leave the opera, Mina?"

Mina heard the question, her smiling face turned into a blank expression, she stopped stirring the coffee.

Her heart is throbbing. She really hates this kind of question.

She tries to be composed and smiles again.