Navy

Blue

Taimtim kong pinagkatitigan si Gray. She's unusually silent after her talk with the doctor yesterday. I tried striking a conversation with her but she always dismisses me with a monosyllable reply.

What's her problem?

"Gray " I called and nudged her shoulder.

"Hmm?"

"Alam mo? Mas mabuti siguro kung uuwi na ako. I can drive my way home naman. Since you don't seem to be interested with me here," tumayo na ako at naglakad palabas.

"W-wait!" naabutan niya ako malapit sa gate ng school.

"What?"

"I-I'm sorry."

"Sorry for what really?" I raised my brows at her.

"For spacing out on you. I promise to focus on you, as long as I'll be your only focus," I was stunned at what she said and remained looking at her as she held my face with both her hands. "Got that?"

Ilang beses akong napakurap na ikinatawa niya sa huli.

Truth indeed that she remained her focus on me as long as I focused on her.

"Gray, ano bang ginagawa natin dito?" I asked as she dragged me inside the amusement park.

"Ano ba ang ginagawa ng tao sa amusement park?" tinarayan niya ako.

"Well, duh. They mind their own business," I blatantly answered.

Hinampas niya ang braso ko at pinandilatan ako. "We're here to be amused. Silly," she rolled her eyes.

Ahh, those beautiful eyes I came here to see.

Alam ko naman talaga na dito kami pupunta. I just acted like I didn't want to be here. May kaunting pakipot pa naman akong natitira sa katawan ko.

"Okay. okay," I laughed.

This focus she wanted started five months ago and she's still at it until now. I wonder how she keeps up with it? I mean, I somehow make her feel like I'm annoyed sometimes. But she's persistent!

We rode a few rides and ended up being hungry and stopping by a cafe to eat. I smiled inwardly as I stared at the coffee cup she was holding.

"I like you," I muttered. No, I have loved you even before we actually met.

Muntik na niyang maibuga ang kape at agad hinila ang isang box ng tissue na nasa mesa namin.

"W-what?"

I stiffled a laugh. "The coffee cup," nginuso ko ang nakasulat sa cup at sinunod niya naman ng tingin.

"Ahh," she murmured and scratched her forehead.

Cute.

"Its true though," I whispered.

"Ha?"

Umiling ako. "Wala."

"Okay," she nodded.

That was... Weird?

**

Its been a year since she told me to focus on her and I did. Hanggang ngayon ay hindi niya parin sinasabi sa'kin kung anong napag usapan nila ni Doc. Ligaya. The missles were gone, but the whispers and portals were still there. It has also been a year of Elisha being nowhere to be seen. I guess she was just a product of my mind?

Gray was there the whole year. Hanggang ngayon na fourth year na kami. I actually felt bad a little too dahil kay Peyton. He distanced himself away from me simula nung may papel na tumama sa ulo ko and I caused a scene at the hallway.

He ignored me and completely shut me out of his life. And right now, we were just merely acquainted to each other. Pag may nagtatanong kung bakit hindi na kami ganun ka close ay hindi namin sinasagot. We both avoid it and just say, our mothers were the ones close but not us.

Nilingon ko ang babaeng nasa tabi ko. Her soft features illuminated by the red lights make her even more beautiful. God, she's so beautiful. And I am so thankful for her not leaving me, instead, she even helped me.

"You know, I still don't get this thing you want me to do," I blurted

We sat in front of the large stage. Tonight was alumni homecoming. I even brought her with me as my date. Pero obviously, hindi siya nakinig sa orientation last week. I wore a nice sleek and black tux, I even low bunned my hair to match with my outfit.

"What?" nilingon niya ako na nakakunot ang noo.

"I don't get it. You want me to focus on you yet I don't know why I should focus on you," kumunot ang noo niya. "If that even makes any sense," I blew a breath and ran my hand through my tux. "But okay."

I actually get what she meant. Kahit hindi niya sabihin ay alam kong may sakit ako. She did her best to keep me out of it and it was obvious. My silly do called feelings for her in my dream or hallucination- whatever you call it- was never lessened. I love her then and I love her till now.

Nothing can change that. Be it with this malady or without.

"Okay?" she looked at me, puzzled.

"Okay," I nodded.

"Okay," she chuckled and her smile was contagious enough to make me laugh.

My gaze lingered on her for a long while as I admired her. She looked stunning and her jade colored dress complemented her eyes and ginger hair, I'm pretty sure it would make any man fall to their knees. Even me.

I stood up and smoothened my tux before looking at her with so much awe.

"What?" mataray niya akong tiningnan.

"Let's dance," nilahad ko ang kamay.

"Uhuh?" she teased.

Uhh, this woman is no less than my mom for being so bossy and mataray.

"Yeah, uhuh," I mimicked.

Nonetheless she accepted my hand and I led her to the middle of the dancing crowd. We swayed as she rested her hands on my nape and my hands on her waist.

I knew she was checking me out because of the smug smile plastered on her face.

"Gray..." I whispered. The intensity of her gaze didn't waver, but instead became more intense.

"Hmm?"

"There is a portal behind you." I murmured.

There actually is, but it was faint. It was some sort of... I don't know, closure? I felt it.

"So?" she asked.

"I wanna explore it," sagot ko.

"Look at me," she held my face with both her hands.

Ahh, she's thinking about distracting me from it. No need Gray, I'm already distracted. Very distracted that I can't even take my eyes away from that distraction.

"No. I will look at you because I have something important to tell you," bulong ko.

I heaved a deep breath and looked at her intently.

"I know this is the least thing you expect this to happen, and probably the most sucking way I'll do this. Pakiramdam ko kasi ito na ang tamang oras," hinawakan ko ang mga kamay niyang nasa mukha ko at tumitig sa kanya.

"Will you...by any chance, be my girlfriend?"

×

Thank you for reading Colorless!

I swear the next one of the trilogy will be better than this one. Ugh. And longer too.

Until next time! Mwuah! <3

Aly