Lán Xīchén x Jiāng Female Reader

This is requested by LilyQuen from Quotev. 

Warning: Madam Yú might be out of character.

Photo is from: https://aminoapps.com/c/founder/page/blog/lan-xichen-appreciation-week/KjJ0_NQcMuRplDnzgXal2kr6XYnKvwQMP2

Jiāng y/n, is the daughter of Jiāng Fēngmián and Yú-fūrén (Madam Yu), she is known for her beauty and knowledge. She is the younger twin of Jiāng Chéng, they may be twins but their personalities are quite different.  While Jiāng Chéng is the exact image of their mother, short tempered and strict. Jiāng y/n is known for being quite wise, kind, fair and having a love with music especially the gǔqín. Jiāng y/n always had a passion with music, she would always practise and would always capture people's attention to her. Her favourite instruments are the gǔqín and the gǔzhēng. 

When she was younger, Jiāng y/n was very naive and very careless. But ever since she learned about her engagement with Lán Xīchén, she had matured and was more focused on her studies and her cultivation skills. Jiāng y/n barely had time to play with the gǔqín ever since she learned about her engagement.

 Lán Xīchén was on patrol and was making sure no one broke the rules. He was focused until he heard one of the most beautiful music he ever heard. He went to follow the sound and it came from Jiāng y/n room.

Lán Xīchén  was so attached to the music that he didn't realised that Jiāng y/n stopped playing.

"Good evening, Lán Huàn." greeted Jiāng y/n as she bowed to Lán Xīchén .

"No need for formalities, after all you are my wife." said Lán Xīchén "When did you learn to play the gǔqín?"

"Mother made sure that I learned everything. She made sure that I acted like a lady, and she  made sure my cultivations skills and studies were high." chuckled Jiāng y/n as she remembered  a memory.

Flashback begin

 "Wèi Wúxiàn, what are you doing here? Mother will have your head if you disrupt my studies again." warned Jiāng y/n.

"But it's so boring without you meì meì*. When will you finish your studies?" Wèi Wúxiàn pouted like a little kid.

"I promise, once I'm finish with my studies i'll be with you." Jiāng y/n said as she smiled at Wèi Wúxiàn childish behaviour.

"You promise?" 

"I promise." said Jiāng y/n.

Flashback ends

Jiāng y/n chuckled at the memory, she missed Wèi Wúxiàn. Her eyes began to tear up as she thought of her last memory between her and Yú Zǐyuān (Madam Yú). 

Flashback Begins

 "You ask for me mother? Is there something wrong?"

"Y/n, you are going to Yúnshēn Bùzhīch (The Cloud Recesses) to be wed to Lán Huàn."

"Mother why do I have to be wed to Lán Huàn?"

"No discussion, y/n. I taught you better then that, do not try to make the situation more complicated!" shouted Yú-fūrén.

"Yes mother." Jiāng y/n bowed, and accepted her defeat. " When do I leave?"

"Tonight."

"Tonight!?" gasped Jiāng y/n. 

"Tonight" repeated Yú-fūrén.

"When will I see you again?" asked Jiāng y/n.

There was a long silence, and Jiāng y/n knew that something was wrong.

"Mother please answer me! When will I see you again!?" cried Jiāng y/n. "Mother, please answer me!"

"Take her away" ordered Yú-fūrén.

"Mother! Mother! Please let me go! Mother please don't!" cried Jiāng y/n.

Flashback ends

Slowly tears started to form through her eyes, as she remembered the flashback. Lán Xīchén looked at her and he could see through her. Even though this was an arranged marriage, he still cared about her and it pained him to see her sad. 

"Why are you crying?" asked Lán Xīchén .

"I'm not." assured Jiāng y/n.

He could see her pain in her eyes. Her eyes were very watery and red from all the crying she's been doing.

"Your lying, now please tell me why you're crying?"

"It's nothing serious. I was just thinking about mother." said Jiāng y/n as she tried to dry her eyes. "I'm sorry that I worried you Xīchén, but it's nothing serious so you don't need to worry about me. You better continue on your patrol or else you'll get in trouble by Lán Qǐrén because of me."

"Alright, I'll best be going. But stop putting all the pressure onto yourself, it's not your fault." said Lán Xīchén.

"Wait"

"Yes?"

"Thank you for everything you have done for me Xīchén." 

"Of course, after all you are my wife" said Lán Xīchén as he smiled to his wife.

She returned the smile back as she watched him leave. 

"Thank you, Xīchén." 

 meì meì = younger sister