Chapter 12

~Cameron~

"Bro, everything okay?" Nolan voice approaches beside me. I look straight ahead, at the end of the hallway. I'm not understanding, what just happened.

"No, its not." I lower my voice. I stand in place, thinking of what made her say those things.

"Mann, whatever it is, don't let it ruin your day." He grabs my shoulder, giving it a little shook. I wince, feeling the pressure. But don't show the expression. He releases.

I nod, turning around as we leave back to the cafeteria. Sitting at the usual table with Issac and Dalton. Taking each other food off their plates and making a claim.

"Where'd you go Cameron?" Isaac asks, while chewing on his food.

"I know where." Dalton blurts out. He clears his throat, "With his booo thanngg." He sings, while snapping his fingers.

"What the fuck is wrong with you man." Isaac spats at Dalton. "You've been listening too much of that hip-hop." he shakes his head.

I couldn't help but laugh. I'ma miss that. My coughing combines, changing my mood.

"You good?" Dalton asks, I nod clearing my throat.

"The proper way to ask would be: 'Are you okay, Cameron?' Not 'You good?' That doesn't even make sense. " Issac says.

"Keep correcting me and I'll beat your ass." Dalton says, in a serious tone.

"I'll like to see that happen." Issac challenges. They both stand up at the same time.

"Both of y'all calm down. No one's fighting anyone." I say, making my own stand. They turn to me, staring at my face.

"Cam..." Dalton says, in a lower tone.

"Your face is red, bro." Isaac finish the sentence. He grabs his water bottle and hands it to me.

I take the bottle, opening it up, taking a swig. Though as I try to swallow...... I cup my mouth.

"Shit he's turning another color." I hear Dalton say, as I leave the table. Making my way to the nearest restroom. Once I enter inside. I spit out in the sink.

I can't even swallow water. I hear the bathroom door open.

"Cameron, what the hell?" Isaac says, I look up seeing Nolan and Dalton also.

"It's nothing man." I say, it became quiet.

"Hey guys can you give us a few minutes." Nolan says, walking towards me.

"Fine." Dalton shrugs leaving out, Issac follows behind.

"I said its nothing Nolan." I say, grabbing a brown paper towel and wipe my mouth.

"Your lying, and I can tell." He says, as I face him. I roll my eyes in irritation. And walk aside, though he blocks my way. Just tell him.

And I gave in. Throwing my hands up, surrendering. "I have cancer Nolan."

His face lit up as his mouth hangs open. And I continue with a bit of humor, " And you know what else? It's getting worse, that I can't even eat nor drink anymore. "

I laugh, and cough a little.

"Cameron this shit isn't funny! You need to go-"

"No! I refuse! I'm fine, just let me live my life, of what I do have left." I can feel my leg slowly falling asleep. I adjust my standing position.