Chapter 3

People rush past me, getting into their cars. School has ended and its a Friday. I'm not surprise.

I decided to wait till the traffic settles down a bit before leaving.

Sitting on a wooden bench, outside of the school. I check my phone for any messages from my mother, nothing. I sign.

Angelica sits on the same bench. Not speaking, so I decided to.

"Hey, Angelica." She didn't move, nor speak. "It's Mani.... Tyson's cousin."

Still silent.

She gets up and walks to the black Toyota Camry that approaches, disappearing inside, then it drives off.

"Mani, hey!!" Rachael comes towards me.

"Hey, Rachael." Slapping a grin on my face.

"I'd never thanked you for standing up for me at lunch today. No one has ever done that to the preps before or at least what I've seen."

"It's no big deal." Regretting as soon I said it. It's a big deal to her, so stop it!

She laughs.Glad she didn't take my comment to heart.

"Well I got to go, my moms here, later." She smiles, and waves leaving off.

I walk to my car feeling a headache coming.

I open my car door, sliding in, closing it once I entered. Throwing my book bag in the passenger seat. The guy sat their staring at me.

"AHHH!!" Shit!! Fuck!! What the fuck!

"Sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"What are doing in my car!!! "Fucking almost given me a heart attack. Cameron ugh!!!

"I just wanted to ask you something"

"You couldn't have ask me during school? The hell is wrong with you?"

"A lot of things, but that's not the point."

"If this is about the comment I said in History. And you're actually asking-"

"No, I'm not here to ask you to sleep with me."

"Why are you here?" Calming myself down.

"To ask if you would want to hangout sometime."

I gave him a confused look. Though he just looks at me with his brown eyes. How can I say no?

"Why?" Ignoring my thoughts.

"To get to know you more."

"Don't you have a girlfriend?"

"I did." He rolled his eyes. He must not want to talk about it. I won't touch that subject.