Chapter 9

Probably going to be known as the girl that got punched in the face by her own cousin. Look out the human punching bag is coming through!!! Where's Tyson?
I can see it now.

What if I have a bruise? Most likely, since he knocked me out that hard. Then how am I conscious? Maybe cause I'm not sleep... Though I can hear something beeping. And footsteps entering in the room.

For some reason I can't move. What's wrong with me? Am I a vegetable? Nooo!!! This is not a good way to die!!

I feel the urge to cry. Trapped in my own thoughts. I can't.

I exhale deeply, opening my eyes. Gazing at a male doctor. He turns off a machine, making the beeping sound go away. I look around in my surrounding, realizing I'm in a hospital.

"Hello Mannolia. How are you feeling?" Turning his attention back to me, holding his clip board. "I'm Dr. Lanes."

"Fine." I say, dryly. Yes! No, human vegetable!! "How long have I've been out?" I yawn.

"A whole day." He says. "Its Thursday afternoon."

"What?" He knocked me out that hard? Theirs no way.

"We were afraid that you may had an concussion from the area in your head you were hit in.

"Where?"

"Almost near you temple. But you turned out okay. So we gave you some medicine to help with the pain." He says, while my mother enters the room.

Her face turns to a bright smile.

"Can I leave or do I have to wait?" I ask, sitting up against the head board.

"Well you can't leave just yet, well need another day make sure you're good to go." Another day!!

"But tomorrow's my birthday." Hearing my voice crack. I really rather be anywhere else but here.

"We won't keep you for long. Just until the morning to make sure you're clear."

I sign.

"Thank you Dr. Lanes." My mother says, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Your welcome. And if theirs any problem, I won't be to far away. "He says, and leaves out the room.

She turns and looks at me. " Are you okay sweetie. "

"I'm fine." Though she keep staring at my face. "What?"

"Nothing." She gets up. "I almost forgot. You have a visitor. Cameron. He's been here since yesterday. Before I came in he'd ask to see you. I told him I'll let you know when you're wake." She says, leaving out the door.