donghyuck positioned himself just like the other told him. one foot before the other, his fist raised in case mark was going to attack him but the older male just looked at him. donghyuck glared back into his eyes. he could spot dark bags under mark's eyes but the eyes himself did not look tired. actually they had more of a teasing look in them or that's at least what donghyuck thought.

"so are you going to attack or not?" he whispered. he saw the corner of mark's mouth twitching and the next thing he knew was that he was laying on the floor.

"ouch." he groaned and looked up at mark who stared down at him.

"you didn't position your leg correctly. a wider stance would've prevented you from falling at least." mark said, smirking. donghyuck internally rolled his eyes. of course mark told him after he already fell.

"show me again." he grumbled and tried to copy mark's stature as close as possible. mark groaned and then commented in annoyance "you're still not doing it right."

"then how am i supposed to know?" donghyuck snapped. mark scoffed and went behind donghyuck. with one of his legs he pushed one of donghyuck's legs further and also corrected his arm position. donghyuck tried to ignore the goosebumps that went down his spine as he could feel mark's hot breath tickling the skin of his neck.

"this is how it's supposed to be." mark said and stepped back from donghyuck. the latter took a deep breath, trying to calm himself down. why the hell was their proximity affecting him so much? he told himself to not overthink it and prepared himself for another attack from mark.

this time he could block mark's punch and even dodged the man's kick. he proudly jumped up and down when realised but one look from mark made him stop.

the two kept on training. mark went from teaching him the right stand to a more aggressive way of attacking. the goal was that donghyuck could hold mark on the floor which was easier said than done.

"for your sake i'll be worse than i actually am." mark informed him.

"of course, you will. because i'm so bad and can't deal with your actual fighting." donghyuck said sarcastically.

"shut up or i'll punch you so hard, you won't speak for the next week." mark growled. donghyuck snorted and replied sassily "no you won't. you know you can't or else you would've already done it."

mark aggressively gripped the tight material of donghyuck's collar and pulled him close. the younger gasped amd tried to grt away but mark wouldn't let him.

"you might think you have all the power here because you are 'under protection' but let me tell you, i can break your leg, make it look like an accident and you're under kun's care for another two weeks. is that what you want? if not then i would suggest shutting the fuck up." mark whispered.

donghyuck gulped, not only at mark's words but also at their proximity. he could feel mark's chest lift up and down steadily, he could feel mark's breath fanning over his jaw, he could feel his fingers on his jaw and cheeks and hecould smell mark's deodorant but what scared him the most was how incredibly attractive mark looked. he couldn't think anything else than how bad he wanted to kiss mark, to taste the man's lips. and that scared the shit out of him.

"do you understand?" mark growled, making him flinch.

"yeah.. yeah, i do." donghyuck replied and mark let him go.