Chapter #17: Objective

--- Wellston Private High School ---

Seraphina's POV

My next class is Trig, so if I go over this hall here I can avoid any unnecessary conflicts.

In the meantime, I was walking to get to class on time, I overheard some gossiping from some students that were close to the classroom I was going to.

Fortunately, it appears that they weren't talking about me this time.

But when I passed close to those students, they were commenting on something that caught up my attention.

 - "Hey, did you see the news?"

 - "Dude, I don't even have a TV in my room."

 - "You should really stop living under a rock bro."

 - "Whatever, just tell me what you saw."

 - "Well, I see in the news that the author of Unordinary was attacked!"

 - "Woah, really, the same one who gets his book banned?"

 - "Yeah, well they said that they transferred him to Wellston's General Hospital because he is really injured, apparently the attack was in New Bostin."

 - "But the authorities couldn't even do anything about him I believe. I never heard of any penalization from them."

 - "So I think the guy is actually pretty powerful to not have any consequences about it."

- "It must have been a fierce fight then."

 - "Yeah, I think so, but they didn't say any details about it, really."

 - "So... who do you think is behind this? Maybe EMBER?"

 - "I don't know man, but I don't think it could be EMBER, since they go after superheroes and vigilantes."

 - "Also I couldn't care less about someone who made a book that turns people into superheroes."

- "Yeah, those people should really mind their own business."

 - "Anyway, I also wanted to ask if you could lend me your homework? I forgot to do mine."

 - "Dude what homework...?"

WHAT?!

William was attacked?!

But why?

Why would they attack William just like that?

This is pretty weird though...

Since nobody did anything to him in all this time, but suddenly, he gets attacked?

Something is fishy about this...

"Why don't you focus on helping yourself, instead of acting like a f*cking know-it-all?"

I honestly hate to admit it.

But I can't be thinking about those things as I am now.

I have enough on my plate as it is.

But... I hope that William is okay...