Chapter #6: Truth

--- Wellston Boys Dormitories, John's Room ---

John's POV

- "Monster." Is the first thing I remember after waking up from the alarm.

- "You're not a monster." I remembered what my dad said to me, right after what Claire said to me that day.

I don't know what to believe about myself anymore.

All I know is that I'm tired to be the one losing and never get what I want.

And I'm tired to be a monster.

I look at the alarm, it's 6 AM, weird since I always wake up before.

I get up from the bed and start preparing everything for my morning jogging with Doe.

- "You up?" I say to him, as usual.

Doe comes straight to me while waving his tail from side to side, taking that dog out of the streets was definitely a good idea.

- "I bet you're hungry aren't you?" I said to him.

*WOOF!* Doe barked.

It's a bummer that he can't talk, I bet that I could have a better conversation from him that with anyone here on Wellston.

I give him his food, as always, while I prepare my breakfast.

--- 10 Minutes Later ---

When I finished preparing it, I taste it to see how it goes.

 And after tasting it, it was... normal... again.

- "All my hopes for nothing..." I said right after I sighed.

But this taste better than other days, I wonder why maybe it's the previous ones was close to expiring or something.

Well, since I finished my breakfast and Doe is ready to go too, we'll go jogging for a while after going to class.

--- 1 Hour Later ---

When we come back from our routine, I noticed that Doe is quiet, like he's on guard for something.

I start looking at our surroundings since maybe a thief or something like that could be close when I spot someone shady, suspiciously close to the school entrance.

He was wearing a black beanie and a facemask, so I couldn't say for sure if it was a student or not.

- "HEY, YOU, STOP RIGHT THERE!" I yelled at him.

Doe was growling at him too.

- "You got some nerve trying to steal something in front of me, you piece of sh*t!" I said to the thief.

- "No, it's not like that, you got it wrong!" He said, trying to convince me of the opposite.

He's a human waste of society... and he still got the nerve of denying it, as soon as he activates his ability, I'm going to destroy him.

But I need to keep provoking him until he powers up.

- "Wrong my ass, you look like a thief to me!" I countered his statement.

Then he proceeds to remove his beanie and his facemask, revealing his red hair and yellow eyes, there is no mistake, it's Blyke, the one who was behind the mask.

- "Why are you dressed like that? You got ten seconds to start explaining. No need to tell you what comes after if you don't do it." I said while giving him an ultimatum.