𝐟 𝐨 𝐫 𝐭 𝐲 - 𝐨 𝐧 𝐞 : 𝙙𝙚𝙣𝙞𝙖𝙡

Start from the beginning

"Angry about what? What are you even saying? I'm completely fine! See? I'm even working nicely." I argued.

"I can hear your heartbeat darl'! You don't have to act all tough around me, or anyone for that matter." She groaned.

"Oh my God, upset about what Amber? Is it about David? I'm not understanding anything." I shook my head.

"This is so not happening right now, don't play stupid Diana. It's painful to watch you act like this." She sneered.

"A-Act like what? I'm fine." I stuttered.

"I-I know what you heard is..utterly heartbreaking. I want to help you boo, you can't do this to yourself." She pleaded.

"I have no idea on what you're talking about, if you keep talking nonsense like this then I won't be able to finish my work on time." I protested before grabbing the mop again.

"No! Please talk to me. I can't see both you and King like this. He's as broken as you are, he seriously doesn't know what happened that night. H-He hates himself for touching her like that..to the point where..oh forget it. Just please let me help you. I seriously can't watch this," She choked.

Hmmm.

"Ever since the incident in the garden, Lucien has stayed by his side for hours, he refuses to leave him alone. He also can't bear to see his favourite couple like this, no one can. You're not on castle grounds, you can't hear the King's roars, his thrashing, his destruction, his own cries. He's absolutely shattered into pieces Diana, please listen to me."

"Look Amber, I really want to be alone right now. You can probably tell I saw them..together that night. And I know I'll be back there sooner than later, just please let me work alone for the leftover time I have. I can't think straight." I stated seriously, making her flinch at my words before she sighed.

"B-But you shouldn't be alone at a time like this."

"I don't want to burden you with my guilt."

"Your guilt? What are you talking about?!"

"I-I could've prevented all of this if only...I spoke before they escalated too far, if only I knew he was intoxicated, if only I knew there wasn't something w-wrong in me which was why I believed he would...do something like that. But he never did. It's all my fault, none of this would've happened."

"WHAT—"

"I..just leave the conversation. I'm honestly one to blame for—"

"OH HEAVENS NO! DON'T BLAME YOURSELF FOR THIS! Don't even—"

"Okay, I really don't want to speak about this now. Thanks for the talk Amber, but I really want to be left alone. I'll talk to you...when I'll be better." I smiled at her weakly after pulling away from her hand, before grabbing the bucket of water and turning away.

"Diana.." She trailed off.

"I promise I'll talk okay? Just not now. Good night Amber."

Little did you know, I'm not done with you Loli. Your countdown started the moment you set foot near my Zari.

And that's a fucking promise.