𝐟 𝐨 𝐫 𝐭 𝐲 - 𝐨 𝐧 𝐞 : 𝙙𝙚𝙣𝙞𝙖𝙡

Start from the beginning

"W-Why am I the only one clapping? Isn't this a g-good thing?" I mumbled softly while looking at everyone, dying down my clapping a little bit as no one followed my action, embarrassingly hoping for a response, and I got none.

Not even one guard, not even one friend, and it was just me who was applauding alone.

"What the hell guys? Come on! The kingdom is going to have a heir! Isn't this something to be happy about?!" I huffed while crossing my arms, while no one commented back on my statement, making my lips quiver because of the new gloom coating my face which I have never encountered before, and I sniffed.

"A-Am I rambling? Okay maybe I'm talking too much, stop Diana," I reprimanded myself after shaking my head, while the royal family widened their eyes at me for this reaction.

Lazarus stared at the ground with parted lips, letting his eyes turn again and again from red to hazel, and then hazel to red, on a literal battle with his beast, looking completely vulnerable and guilty, probably refusing to believe what the hell just happened, while Elliot choked on his spit behind me.

"I-I wish you well lady Lola, it's great that you're..conceiving." I gulped with a nod while giving her a weak smile, before panting my hands behind me to scratch myself anxiously, digging my nails into my skin with frustration, and she plastered a smile of her own which instead was bitter.

"Thank you Diana, I'm happy too. It's good to see you being supportive in this, I appreciate it a lot. And I hope you know what this means." She stated the obvious, having an actual sincere smile adorning her lips, while Lazarus pushed her touch away from him vigorously, clenching his jaw profusely.

"I-I don't know, can you tell me?" I muttered hesitantly, honestly not knowing what she was talking about, while fidgeting with my fabric to conceal the threatening tears that were wanting to fall.

"In the laws of Stormania, any woman impregnated by the royal family has to be together with the father regardless of being mates or not, and as we know Lazarus is King, it would mean you'll have to give your title to me. That way, we can raise the baby together and have a nice family." She explained kindly, making more of my soul break fall apart, causing many people around us to flinch and hate the idea of Lola as their obnoxious queen, who would probably bring down the riches and people of Stormania through her greed, while I nodded at her.

"S-Sure, anything for uhh...the baby." I mumbled incoherently while coercing myself to spit words out of my aching throat, letting my heartbeat accelerated immensely, causing me to hear it in my drums once more.

"Good, now that that's settled, we should head inside Laz, I'm sure we have a future to plan for." Lola chirped shamelessly, while Lazarus refused to go near her and looked at me instead, desperately wanting everything about this to be a dream just like me, while I didn't meet his eye and licked my lips nervously.

Please don't look at me, for the love of God I don't want to cry in front of everyone again.

"Elliot, please don't hit anyone, okay? I don't want the headache anymore," I instructed to him softly while turning around, as he was as shook as everyone else while staring at Lola with disbelief, not even mad at my mate anymore because he was helpless, only plastering utter sadness for me.

"N-Now that that's done, I-I'll go back to work Oliver. I hope that's okay." I requested to the three Kardashian members who stood behind Elliot with wide open mouths, not moving at all because of the prolonged shock, before I cleared my throat and turned towards the other direction.