Howl Pendragon (edited)

Heart Breaker | Howl ˚˖°

You've waited a long time for Howl to return. Brought down by those around you, you start to lose hope that your mysterious wizard visitor will ever return. You decide the most you can do is go about your life but you're just so lonely. Will he ever come back?

For those that would be wondering, this is an alternate universe of sorts. Sophie and everything that happens in the books and movie do not exist for simplicity's sake.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

"Howl is just after your heart." A passerby snickered.

"Silly girl, as if he would come back for a fourth time." A stubby man exclaimed, his mustache bouncy in tune with his laugh. A girl beside him grinned and shoved me, "As if he visited you at all. I mean, look at you."

"Who would want a girl like you."

You continued to stand tall and hand out fliers to anyone who took notice. You were used to the cruelty. This was your third time in the square, searching for any clues of the strange wizard's whereabouts. Some citizens took pity on you while others attempted to debunk your experience with "Horrible Howl". Their disbelief didn't change the fact that you had been visited by one of the most mysterious entities in all of Ingary.

Several times, Howl had visited you. He claimed to be pulled in by your enticing aura. However, many people told you he was just after your heart. They had no idea the true passion that the two of you shared and they never would, those memories were for you alone to fantasize about.

Another annoyed person rudely shoved you as they passed. You straightened up once again and decided you were done for the time being. You had already exhausted yourself shouting over the noise of the crowd, pleading for any information at all. Why were people so angry that you wanted answers? All of them were curious about Howl too, why was it a crime for you to advocate for information?

You knew deep down that you were just concerned. All of the witches and wizards were just pawns to the royal family. What if something had happened to him? It had been months since his last visit. You had almost grown accustomed to seeing him once a month. He would generally stay for a few days before disappearing as you slept. Months passed and still no Howl. You had taken to looking to the fields, hoping to catch a glimpse of his rumored castle. You would be happy to see it, even if it was just a speck on the horizon.

You sulked down the busy streets surrounding the square. You lived towards the outskirts of town, secluded in your small cottage that your family had passed down to you. You were the only one there, however, as your family members had moved into the city, unable to handle the long walk as their age progressed. The walk was seemed longer than normal tonight as your sour mood seemed to effect your stride. Clutching your small bag filled with fliers and other essentials closer to you, you continued your trip home without complications.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

Finally arriving at your home, you opened your door to be greeted by a small stray that had let himself in months ago. You took him in to calm the loneliness that Howl left. You named the cat Bindy, after the tavern in town that you met Howl in. Stroking his head in greeting, you set down your bag and walked further into your cottage.

Bindy quickly pattered after you with a little cry as you proceeded to feed him. As you filled his bowl, you couldn't help but wonder if Howl had any pets. He had mentioned people who lived with him in his past visits but never pets. You knew Howl's life was hectic and he probably didn't have time for a pet if he didn't even have time to visit you. However, having a pet filled your life with a lot of enjoyment you didn't have otherwise, soothing your loneliness. Maybe a pet would be good for Howl.