Slurpy Streaks Her Hair

(HI this book isn't dead,,, I have like at least 3 animatics I want to post here+AU stuff just give me a lot of time,, hh)

(Humanized story!)

  "So you know those saltwater taffies they keep on display, yeah?"

  "Okay?"

  "Shieldy, do not tell me-"

  Shieldy grins cheekily. "I used to take those every time I passed by. They were just too good to ignore."

  "Shieldyyyy!" Pizza groans and holds his head in his hands. Collective laughter and groans erupt from the rest of the group as Shieldy sits there, beaming in light of his crimes.

  "Isn't that illegal?" Shelly tucks a lock of hair behind her ear.

  "I was like, eight or nine or something," Shieldy shrugs, "and I'm pretty sure you can't put children in jail. All crimes are legal until you're ten."

  Pizza leans forward and slams the carpet. "No?!" Party Hat rolls on the floor, wheezing. "Who taught you that!?"

  "This gives a whole new meaning to 'child murderer'."

  "Chocolatey, I swear–"

  "The– Okay," Shieldy puts his hands up, "remember that thing in fifth grade? Where a police officer came in and was like 'you're ten now, so you can be arrested for stuff'?"

  "That doesn't mean you're allowed to steal things!" Slurpy facepalms.

  "Okay, but I just thought–"

  "Shieldy, why!?"

  "–I thought everything before that was okay! They never said anything about it!"

  "How could you think stealing was okay!?" Shelly hisses.

  "In my defense, it looked really good. It's not my fault saltwater taffy is irresistible!"

  Party Hat pushes himself up and waves his finger. "Exactly! At least put it in a sealed container or something!"

  "Besides, I didn't even know it was illegal."

  "Why are you–" Pizza's head snaps towards Shieldy, "How did you not know it was illegal!?"

  "Pizza, Slurpy, Shelly, Hot Dog," Chocolatey snickers, "I am so sorry you're the only ones with brain cells here."

  "Yeah, Hot Dog," Hot Dog jolts at his name, "you haven't said anything about Shieldy's childhood crime streak."

  "Well," he rubs his fingers, looking for the words, "Shieldy, you don't steal things anymore, right?"

  "Of course not!"

  "I mean, as long as he doesn't do it anymore, right?" Hot Dog pulls on his pajama sleeve, "besides, I'm pretty sure all of us have accidentally done something illegal at least once."

  "Alright everyone," Chocolatey claps, "time to admit your crimes."

  "But I've never done anything illegal before!" Shelly squeaks, "does running near the pool count?"

  "Oh yeah," Party Hat nods with wide eyes, "we're talking federal offenses here."

  "Guys, stop that, you're gonna upset her."

  Shelly waves her hand dismissively. "No, it's fine. I know he's joking."

  "Come on, we've been stalling for long enough," Pizza says.

  "I call dibs on asking!" Party Hat shouts. "Slurpy, truth or dare?"

  "Truth."

  "Borrrrrring!" Shieldy cups his hands around his mouth.