"That's the stressor," Hotch mutters.

"And get this; she lives less than five miles away from the Woode residence. And yes, before you ask, the address is sent to your phones already."

"Thanks, Garcia." Hotch hangs up, looking around.

"Alright, get vests on. We're all going."

You nod, going out to the SUV to grab a vest. You slip it over your head, fumbling with the strap on the right side. You groan in frustration as it keeps slipping out of your hand, face growing redder by the second.

A hand appears, pulling the strap to the front of securing on the Velcro. You glance up at Spencer, giving him a smile.

"Thanks," you say, face still bright red.

Spencer offers you a toothy grin. "You looked like you were having trouble."

You give an embarrassed laugh. "I was."

The two of you are silent for a moment and your eyes glance down Spencer's torso in the vest, traveling down to the revolver sitting on his hip.

"Ace." Your eyes flick up to Spencer's face, a light smirk playing on his lips. "Take a picture, it'll last longer."

You punch him in the shoulder, laughing. "Shut up!"

Spencer laughs, clutching his shoulder. "Ow! That hurt!"

"You can take it," you say, a mischievous glint in your eye.

"You're gonna take out my fucking shoulder next time," Spencer rebuttals, opening the door to the SUV.

"Aw, did I hurt you? I'm sorry," you mock, grinning at him as you slide into the back of the SUV.

Spencer slides in next to you, shutting the door behind him. "You're in for it later, Ace."

You give a fake gasp, giving him a crooked smile. "Is that a promise, doctor?"

Spencer's eyes darken and he opens his mouth to reply before the front doors of the SUV open, Hotch and Rossi sliding into the driver and passenger sides. You glance at Spencer before buckling up, leaning back in your seat.

Hotch begins the drive to Kelly's house, and you tap your thighs with your fingers nervously. This is your first time in the field with the team—and you definitely don't want to fuck it up. You feel a hand on your shoulder, and you glance up at Spencer, feeling him squeeze your shoulder. He gives you an encouraging smile before removing his hand, letting it fall back beside his thigh.

"Reid and Y/l/n, you two check the house. The rest of us will scan the area."

"Got it," you reply, Hotch pulling up to the front of the house.

Getting out, you draw your gun, pointing it at the ground as you walk toward the front porch, Spencer following you. You hear Morgan shout, and the rest of the team runs around toward the backyard. Glancing at Spencer, he shakes his head. You nod, and you put you hand on the door, opening it so Spencer can go in first. You raise your gun, and Spencer goes to the left.

You take the right, walking through the kitchen. Clear. Moving past the kitchen, you go to the living room, stopping to check the little bathroom on the side. Clear. The living room's clear. Turning around, you head back toward Spencer, walking slowly through the narrow hallway.

You find him in the last bedroom on the left, kneeling down, hugging a kid. Jason. You holster your gun and he looks at you, relief flashing through his eyes. He picks Jason up, and the two of you exit the house. Spencer stays by the SUV, and you go to the backyard. You draw your gun again, the team crowded around a fire, a woman holding a bundle.