School Project

Kokichi x female reader school au

just a disclaimer, this takes place in a world where COVID does not exist and never has. this is just for my convenience and your enjoyment. I'll also add notes in bold where certain things start. anyways, enjoy!

It was another regular day for me. I wait for the bus in the morning and watch the snowy scenery creep a little closer to spring. when it arrives, I hop on the bus and pass some time on my phone. when I arrive at school, I breeze through the first periods of the day. afterwards, I go and meet with my friend kiibo and we'll talk about whatever's coming up. on this particular day, I had English afterwards, so I went to my class and got prepared. My teacher came in late (as usual) and announced our new project. "You guys are going to make a creative story and a slideshow about that story with a partner." as soon as I heard that, I let out a big sigh.

I didn't have any friends in English class, I mean, I went to middle school with Tenko, Kaede, and Kokichi, but I don't know them. "now before you go off to find your best friend to ask them to work with you, I have already assigned partners for you." the teacher said. A few of the students groaned at that, but I was relieved. at least my partner will be in the same boat as me. the teacher pulled out a small sheet of paper and started reading off the names listed on it.

"Tenko and Himiko," he said. tenko looked over at Himiko and blushed a little, Himiko smiled and gave tenko a friendly wave.
"Kaito and Maki" I could feel maki roll her eyes and let out a groan. as she was doing that, Kaito was on the other side of the room ecstatic from being able to work with maki. "ALL RIGHT!" he said in excitement.
"(Y/n) and Kokichi" I saw Kokichi look back at me with a smirk on his face. this is gonna be interesting, to say the least.

the teacher listed off what felt like an infinite amount of names, and at some point in that, I ended up zoning out. once I got back to reality, kokichi was already by my desk "hellooo, earth to (y/n)." he was waving a hand in my face. "ah! I'm sorry, I was zoned out" I said apologetically. "I figured. who's gonna write the story and who's gonna do the slideshow?" kokichi asked. "well, which one do you want to do?" I was hoping he would take care of the slideshow, just the thought of having to stand up in front of a class and speak made me nervous. "I personally would like to do the slideshow," he told me. thank god, I'm so relieved that I don't have to stand up in front of the class and present. "ok, let's get to work!" I said as I reached for my laptop.

I brought it out of my bag and let it boot up. as I was waiting I watched him pull out a laptop with stickers on the back of various things. anime characters, band logos, even some handwritten stickers. one said "Tsuki was here" another had some drawing of kokichi and a blue-haired anime girl with the words "world is mine" written underneath. regardless, I think they're pretty cool.

after I was done admiring kokichi's laptop, my laptop finished loading. "my laptop stopped loading. I'll add you to the document where I'm writing the story so you know what to do in the slideshow. what's your account username?" I asked kokichi. "(insert some dumb username I can't think of anything)" he replied. I typed the username in and added him to the document. "I'll add you to the slideshow, too," kokichi told me after he was invited.

a few seconds later, I got an invite to his slideshow on my laptop. I approved it, and it brought me to a slide that said '(y/n) and kokichi's epic story/slideshow project! (story by (y/n) (l/n), slideshow by Kokichi Ouma)'. "pretty cool, huh?" kokichi looked over at me with a smile. I let out a sigh. 'remember, it doesn't matter how tacky the slideshow looks. just focus on the story and everything's gonna go fine.' "it's nice!" I told him. "that's what I thought you would say, time to start the slideshow!" he said with cheer in his voice.

I started brainstorming on what I should write about. a love story? no, too cliché. a killing game theme? no, that might not be appropriate for school. how about a story where the protagonist tries to befriend the antagonist? that sounds cool! and I can't think of any story I've read where that was the main goal, so antag befriending it is! I started to write some notes on the main ideas.