We all muttered our hellos and tried to act as normal as possible, like we weren't just gossiping about them moments ago.

"So Blake, how come you waited so late to ask me out?" She said coyly, tossing her hair over her shoulder.

"Because. I like to play hard to get." He said, flirting right back to her without an ounce of remorse.

"Because he's an asshole." Ashton said, rolling his eyes.

"Shut up man!" Blake said, laughing.

I hated this. I hated this fake normality. With his friends he was this normal, nice, outgoing and charming guy. But with me he was his true self, his dangerous self, his all consuming self. His...hateful self. I loved every part about him, and all I ever asked him to do was to be loyal to me, and not talk to any females; just as he instructed me not to talk to any guys.

Not only did he break that rule of the, "no talking part," but now he was blatantly flirting in my face? I took a sip of apple juice, trying my hardest to wash down the disgust that was rising up in the back of my throat. I couldn't even look at him the same right now. And my face was still a bit sore from the harsh slap.

"So you're quiet." Candace said only to me, a bit more hushed so the whole table couldn't hear.

"I know." I replied. "I'm not having the best day."

"You were fine this morning."

I bit my lip trying my best to think of a lie. "I know...I was just thinking about my mom a while ago."

"Oh." She replied sympathetically, patting my knee. "You'll get through it hun. And I'll be right here for you."

Her words were soothing, but not for the reason she thought. Strangely enough, I wasn't that affected by my moms death anymore. Sure I thought about it sometimes, but I never thought about it enough to feel sad. Blake made sure I was always distracted with him, but right now I wanted nothing to do with him. Even still, I smiled at her.

"You're right."

After a few moments, the bell rang and everyone stopped having their own private little conversations. I don't think I've ever left a table that quickly before. I dumped my tray, then left it on top of the trash can on the tray bin, then left the lunch room. I didn't care if anyone was with me or not, I just needed to get away from Blake.

"Wait up Angel!" Jayce said, racing towards me.

"Oh sorry, I didn't mean to leave you." I said.

"It's okay." He said, my words seemed to throw him off track. "Uhm...can I talk to you about something?"

"Sure." I said.

"Good." He said, then lightly grabbed my arm and took me away from the lunch room. Before I was dragged completely away, I took one last look back. Blake was glaring at me, looking more angry then I'd ever seen him. Which scared me, but also pleased me to an extent.

I was happy he was mad. He made me mad too, so it's what he deserved.

"So..." I said, once we're alone.

"So..." He replied. "Listen Angel. I don't mean to make things awkward, but I like you. A lot. I mean a lot. You're so beautiful and sweet and fun to be around..."

My breath caught the more he went on. I wished he wasn't saying these things to me. If Blake found out, he would hurt Jayce and that's not something I wanted. I squeezed my eyes shut, hooping that if I closed my eyes he'd stop. He didn't....