Ch 6 & 7: The Riot in Chernobog

Start from the beginning

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

When he is outside, Lin Ye feels something is off.

There are too many military police. Even if they were here for an infected girl, there are still way too many of them. It is almost like an organized move to suppress some Infected's riot.

Lin Ye asks Aesop, "How did Elan get infected?"

"I'm not sure. If it helps, a few days before when Sis and I went for a walk on the street. Then we met a group of people distributing some candies." Aesop says to him.

"Candies?"

"They said the candy flavours were new and we could try them out for free," Aesop whispers.

Lin Ye puts on his thinking hat, "Did you both eat them?"

"I tried one, but it was too sour for me so I spat it out." Aesop says, "I gave to Sis my candy so she ate two of it that time..."

"Shit!" Lin Ye scolds him, "Did your parents ever teach you to never take candy from a stranger?"

Lin Ye already guesses what is going here.

Those policies are not here for Elan. Based on what Aesop said, Elan most likely got infected because of those so-called "candies," but Aesop was spared because he spat it out.

If those candies carried the pathogen, then it is obvious someone tried to spread oripathy in Chernobog, which explains what the military police are doing. There are more victims like Elan.

But how many got infected now... He can already guess based on the number of military police present. A lot.

When he was running through the street, he could see several shops that were destroyed. Perhaps, all of this happens when he and Shining were talking at home.

The Infected are rioting.

Riots are almost commonplace in Chernobog. In the past, he would just hide inside his apartment, lock the door and windows, and wait until things quiet down, but this time it different t. He is forced into the scene because of the twins.

"That's why kids should never take candies from a stranger!" Lin Ye yells at Aesop, "Did your parents not tell you that?"

Aesop panics and stutters, "N... No."

"Ugh~ Of course, they didn't."

Lin Ye shakes his head helplessly. He is not sure if it is the fault of the education system in this world has problems, or the twins' parents.

In his old life, when he was a kid, every adult would remind him "not to eat stranger's things." This world is much more chaotic than the one he came from. When Lin Ye thinks about a minor getting mixed up with a bunch of violent rioters, this whole thing gives him a huge headache. He doesn't even want to delve into that subject.

"Where did your parents go?" Lin Ye holds Aesop's arm and asks, "Where would Elan be now if you have to guess?"

"I... I don't know." Aesop's face has gone pale, "Mom and dad went to the school to find sis. They want me to stay at home, because of Sis..."

"Because of Sis?"

Not liking where this is going here, to be honest

Aesop looks visibly shaken, "Sis is no longer the Sis I know."

... So she lost control because of oripathy? Indeed, the Infected that lose control don't look person anymore, more like beasts. Lin Ye has seen enough Infected like that.