Ch 4: Knight Nearl Is Going Insane

Start from the beginning

Nearl looks confused, "Why would Shining recommend someone? That's not her style... What kind of person did she recommend?"

"Seems to be a doctor."

"... I am surprised to know there is a doctor good enough for her standards."

"Hmm. Is there something wrong with her decision... Ha. Found it. Right here." Fang hands the report to Nearl, "I didn't have time to read it though."

Nearl takes the report and looks through its contents, but her expression quickly changes, "How is that possible?"

"What?"

Fang is surprised by Nearl's change of expression. The Nearl she knows is a knight who would always keep her cool, no matter what the circumstances are, even on the battlefield.

Nearl doesn't answer her. After looking through the report again, she hands it back sullenly, "Shining said, she found a doctor in Chernobog who could make an Infected regain conscience immediately."

Fang carelessly nods at what Nearl said, but after a few seconds, her expression also changes.

"He can make the Infected regain conscience? Through originium or sedatives?"

"Sedatives don't help the Infected regain conscience. The only originium can, but the more you use it the more harm it does to the brain and body, and that makes it less effective when the Infected loses control again."

As an Infected, Nearl knows that fact very well.

"Then how did he do it? Was it through new medication? Was it harmful to the body?" Fang asks three questions in quick succession, as she reads the report that she neglected, which only adds more to her surprise, "No medication? How is that poss... Innate talent. Is that even possible?"

"Of course not," Nearl says coldly, "There's no science behind it. We have researched oripathy for many years. Not only Rhodes Island, but there are also so many pharmaceutical companies and organizations looking for something to control the Infected. Many years have passed, and we have yet to find something to replace originium or sedatives. If this man can truly do such a thing, what's the point of Rhodes Island?"

"Ugh. That sounds about right." Fang says, "But Shining wouldn't lie about that, right?"

"She doesn't lie, but that doesn't mean she can't be scammed."

"... But Shining is one of the best doctors in Rhodes Island. It is her expertise." Fang questions, "Is there really someone who can scam her?"

"Her swordsmanship is way better than her medical skills, despite her wish to be a doctor." Nearl feels stifled, "She might look mature, but deep down inside, she is just an airheaded girl."

Airheaded...

Fang is speechless. Everyone knows Shining is one of the best in Rhodes Island. Based on ranking, Shining is comparable to Nearl, which is why she could operate independently. In Fang's opinion, Shining is someone she respects the most, but Nearls calls Shining airheaded.

This contrast seems rather cute.

But there is not much for Fang to say, since Nearl knows Shining the most in Rhodes Island.

Although she disagrees with Nearl on what kind of person Shining is, Fang also thinks what the report says is incredible. Without origninium or medication, that man could make an Infected regain conscience immediately. No matter how she tries, she finds this hard to accept.

"Contact Shining," Nearl says.

"Sure thing," Fang dials Shining's number immediately, but after thirty seconds, "Her phone is off..."

Nearl takes a deep breath.

As an Infected, she doesn't want to be angry, because anger makes her lose control.

"Chernobog, right? I will go find her," she picks up the armour she just took off and wears it again.

"But you just came back. How about letting someone else find her instead?"

"No need. Since it is about Shining, I will take care of this myself," Nearl picks up her shield, "Tell me where they are. Is it some hospital in Chernobog?"

"Let me see," Fang reads the report, but her expression becomes strange, "Doesn't seem like it..."

"Biology lab?"

"No..."

Nearl frowns, "Where else can a doctor of biology be?"

"Not a doctor," Fang smiles bitterly as she points at the report, "Shining said he is a vet..."

Silence.

More silence.

It is like silence has become the theme of Rhodes Island.

Nearl takes a few deep breaths. The armour on her chest seems ready to explode at any point.

Don't be angry. Don't be angry. Don't be angry like... WTF!

Shining, you got scammed by a vet!

Hmm. That's too much. I have to break his legs.

With that thought, Nearl puts her axe on her shoulder and leaves the room in great strides.

Watching the angry knight leave, Fang stops herself from saying what she had planned.

There actually are two parts in Shining's reports, and Nearl only read the first part, which describes that man's identity and his ability. The second part talks more about the ability, but Nearl already got this angry after seeing the first part, so Fang didn't dare to give her the second part.

Because in the second part, Shining carefully described how he did it: with his hands.

Shining said that the vet she met could use his hands to calm angry cats and dogs, and this effect can be carried over to most humans and Infected.

"His hands are like magic. When he gently caresses the other's body, he can quickly make the other calm down."

Perhaps she wanted to make it more convincing. Shining added.

"It is true. I tried it."

Fang can't help but facepalm.

Is that really from Shining?

And not a character from some cheap erotica?

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Draft by Demosama

Edit by Jaqqy10