Ch 1: Chernobog's Pet Doctor

Start from the beginning

Why? she buried her head into the chest of her child and brother and cried. Cried long and hard. Cried, and reviled all the world that God had made and that the one thing that was her's to protect, she no longer had.

A man in a white lab coat walked on the nearby street and glanced over at her. He noted the body she curled close to her, and the marks on his neck.

Huh. Strangulation...you don't see that too often. They usually just shoot them in the head or beat them to death. I guess the people are angry enough to try things slow now. Strange.

With that, he was off. Lin Ye. Male. 22 years old. Veterinary intern. Turned and walked away.

There was something going on up ahead from what he could see. The police were clearing up the remains of a fight against the reunion forces if he was right... 

Rhodes Island's Psychologist

Lin Ye bows down slightly, as he tries to pass by a well-built military police officer, who yells at him, "Watch out! There is an Infected!"

Lin Ye has never gotten as excited as he is now after arriving in this world, all because of the words uttered by the police officer in his warning: "Rhodes Island."

There is an Infected from the terrorist organization Rhodes Island, who has wounded several people and now become berserk.

After hearing this news, Lin Ye drops whatever he had planned, and walks towards where the Infected is. He is still wearing the white coat worn by physicians, which is quite eye-catching.

Please, let this be real!

Lin Ye prays.

It has been two years. Please, let this be real!

He fervently yells in his heart.

After running for seemingly an eternity, Lin Ye sees a wounded man lying in the debris and covered in blood.

"Save me, doctor!" The man reaches his hand out towards Lin Ye.

Originally, Lin Ye wanted to ignore the man, since looking for the Infected is more important to him.

However, the responsibility of being a doctor makes that impossible. After some hesitation, he runs to the man.

"Be quiet. I will help you stop the bleeding," Lin Ye says as he takes out some bandages.

The man wants to thank Lin Ye, but when he sees Lin Ye's badge, he nearly chokes on his words, "You are a vet?!"

"Can you fucking shut up?" Lin Ye feels irritated, "If you keep talking, I am gonna inject you with the rabies vaccine!"