XVI. Get Syrup Feathered

Depuis le début

Clarisse lunged, and he scrambled back. Ellie managed to snag a picture before sliding back down the bush.

She laughed loudly before covering her mouth. She showed Travis. Clarisse had been lunged out, trying to grab him, and Connor was scrambling back, a panicked look on his face. In the back, Sherman was giving him a deadly glare. She slipped the camera back in her pocket just as Connor jumped over the bush.

"Help!" He cried. He had syrup running down his face, a wild panicked look on his face.

"Don't give away our spot, moron!" Travis snapped, pushing him back.

"Ah-ha!" Clarisse yelled, jumping over the bush. "Found you!"

Travis let a girlish shriek, launching himself into the bush. At first Ellie thought he'd gone insane, but he managed to slither out, and sprinted away towards the Demeter cabin.

Ellie gave Clarisse a guilty smile. "Hey Clarisse, you look so pretty today."

A feather fell from her face.

Ellie let out a snort, weakly covered by a hand slapped over her mouth. "Sorry!" She squeaked. "I didn't-" Then she burst out laughing out of control.

Connor, Sherman, and Clarisse blinked.

"I'm sorry-" She laughed. "I can't-I didn't mean-" she burst into another laughing fit. "We got you guys so good!"

Clarisse glared. "I'm going to pound your face in."

Ellie snickered, trying to hide her smile. She wiped a tear of laughter, trying and failing to put on a serious face.

Clarisse lunged.

"Get off of her!"

Ellie turned to see none other then Katie Gardiner, with a flustered Travis Stoll following behind her.

Katie was a serious girl, but even when she saw Clarisse, she had to hide her smile.

"Clarisse, you don't know that they were the one's that did this." Katie tried.

"Yes I do!" Clarisse snapped. "Julia told me!"

"I knew it!" Travis yelled, before shutting up very quickly after seeing Sherman's look of death.

Clarisse gave a there you go look to Katie. Katie whacked Travis, and he hushed an apology to his girlfriend.

"I'll just beat you up, too!" Clarisse declaring, lifting her fist. Ellie yelped and rolled out of the way, tapping her bracelet to grab her sword.

She blocked another jab, but she forgot Clarisse's spear was electrical. An electrical current traveled up her sword, forcing her to drop it before she was shocked.

Connor was fighting Sherman behind her.

Clarisse dropped her spear as well, and cracked her fist into Ellie's face before she knew what was happening. She fell to the ground, trying to pretend she didn't see black spots in her vision.

"STOP!" A loud yell made Clarisse take a few steps away from her. Sherman was dripping syrup on Connor, and froze as well. That meant a steady stream of syrup was still dripping into Connor's mouth. He didn't seem to mind.

Ellie turned to see a mad and annoyed Annabeth Chase.

"What in Hades are you doing, Clarisse?" She demanded, reaching Ellie. She helped her up, but froze when she saw the two Ares kids soaked in feathers and syrup.

"Did you do this?" She asked a dazed Ellie.

"Worth it," She mumbled.

Annabeth rolled her eyes. "Anyway, you still can't just beat people up, Clarisse. Go-" She crinkled her nose. "Go take a shower."