0.1 the summary

'In the summer of 1997, The Dark Lord and his followers plotted to overthrow the Ministry of Magic. A break-out of Death Eaters from Azkaban was kept quiet by the ministry in order not to spread panic. The Dark Lord set up his headquarters at Malfoy Manor and had his servants use the imperius curse to gain more servants in high places within the Ministry.

By July, The Dark Lord had managed to place the head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement, under the imperius curse. This was useful in subjugating other heads of departments to Death Eater control. The Death Eaters also made use of their growing control of the Ministry to monitor if Harry Potter used the Floo Network or attempted to apparate.

This forced the Order of the Phoenix to transport him away from his relatives' home by flight. When they were ambushed by Death Eaters, a battle ensued.

On 1 August 1997, the Death Eaters put their plan into action. The minister of magic was interrogated for information about the whereabouts of Harry Potter, but refused to give in, and was killed. The Dark Lord installed one of his puppets as the new minister of magic. The coup was described as swift and quiet, many members of the public were unaware of the take-over.

The official version of what happened was that the minister of magic resigned.

The coup also resulted in The Dark Lord taking control of the newspaper Daily Prophet, allowing him to control the information given to the public. With this new tool, he spread propaganda against Harry Potter, Muggle-borns, and allies of the Order of the Phoenix. This was disguised as the Ministry's new policy.

Using the power of the Ministry, the Death Eaters managed to take down the protections the Order had placed around its new headquarters, the Burrow, and its safehouses, as well as use illegal spells to full effects without fear of detection and prosecution. The Ministry under The Dark Lord made a great many sweeping changes in line with Death Eater ideology.

It was claimed by the Daily Prophet and by Ministry-printed propaganda, that magic could only be inherited, meaning that Muggle-borns must have stolen it from "real" wizards and witches. The Ministry used this excuse to force Muggle-borns to register with the Muggle-Born Registration Commission, which convicted them of theft and sentenced them to Azkaban.

Attendance at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry became mandatory and blood status had to be proven for all students, enabling the Death Eaters to weed out Muggle-born children.

Severus Snape was appointed the new headmaster of Hogwarts and Death Eaters Alecto and Amycus Carrow were made the new professors of Muggle Studies and Defence Against the Dark Arts, respectively. The latter essentially became the Dark Arts, and the former nothing but hateful propaganda against Muggles and Muggle-borns.'

a/n. This summery was made on the 'harry potter compendium fandom.com'. they receive full rights for this summery. I don't own any of the characters that were made by J.K. Rowling. I don't own the original plot of her books nor the plot from the films also made by the Warner Brothers.

Hi! I just wanted to let you all know that this is my second fanfiction ever. I wrote my first fanfic four years ago and I'm a little embarrassed to admit that my English hasn't improved much since then. So please bear with me while I try to make the story grammatically correct and also less confusing with spacing the paragraphs and such. I hope you'll enjoy this story and have a lovely day <3.

my pinterest board for the general vibe: https://pin.it/2tDrTxe