13. Dare To Truth

~Glenda~

Entry 6:
5th February

Nyra was freaking out. If I thought she was uneasy around other people then I'd obviously not seen her when she was at the risk of accidentally outing herself to her parents. She paced around the room nervously biting her nails seeming to get worked up as every second ticked by. We  had our clothes back on but we were both still dripping wet from the very hot episode we had in her bathroom. I pushed back my damp hair from my face and tried to calm her down.

"I don't get it, your parents don't know  you're gay?"

She stopped pacing to throw me a horrified glance glance before pointing to herself incredulously, "I didn't know I was gay."

"Well they don't have to know if you're not ready to tell."

"H..How do I explain to them why the b..both of us are wet? It hasn't rained in t..two weeks!"

I stepped in front of her to stop her pacing and placed my hands on her shoulders. "They don't have to know I'm here, why don't you go downstairs to meet them? If they come up I'll hide in your closet or something."

This she considered for a minute before she shook her head. "I don't want you to be something I hide."

I smiled. It was impossible not to love this girl, always looking out for others.

"So, what will we do?" I asked.

"We c..could say our classes ended early t..today so you dropped at my house for a q..quick shower?"

I nodded. Whatever works.

She took in a deep breath and motioned for me to follow her. We went down the steps to the living room where who I assumed to be her parents were taking off some heavy looking attire, trench coats, boots and the likes. What part of the world had they come from?

"Mom, dad! You're back!"

Under normal circumstances, I had no doubt Nyra would have been happy to see her parents but as of this moment, seeing as they had interrupted us making out and we would've gotten caught, Nyra's enthusiasm sounded a little off, forced even.

The tall man in the room turned around and his eyes lit when they fell on Nyra. Though he was undoubtedly white with a deep set of navy eyes, his smile looked alot like Nyra's, even his dental formula was an exact replica of hers.

"Ginger, sweetheart! Come give your old man a hug baby."

She bounced up to him and threw herself in his open arms, and  the chocolate dark woman who could only be her mother joined in and wrapped her arms around them both.

"How have you been baby?" the woman asked.

There was a muffled response from Nyra which I couldn't hear, and then her father raised his head from her hair to look at me.

"Who's your friend honey?"

Nyra pulled out of the hug to smile at me.
"This is Glenda, my classmate. We have... Chemistry together."

Her mother threw me a grin and a somewhat secretive knowing look, maybe because she understood the double meaning under Nyra's statement, but her dad seemed indifferent to the reaction and instead nodded at me.
"Hello Glenda, it's nice to meet some of Nyra's friends, we never see any."

"Nice to meet you too Mr. Washington, Mrs. Washington."

"Are you from around here?" her mother asked, coming to stand in front of me. "I don't think we've ever met."