Turtle in the Water

Who wants a cheesy story? A weird title? You do? Then you came to the right place!

I don't own Wings of Fire.
If I did...whoo boy.

       *****
                                                                   Turtle in the Water 🐢 (I had to)

Turtle wasn't sure whether to be confused or terrified, or surprised. Or maybe all three?

Of course I'm an animus, Mr. Terrifying! You already know that! He screamed inside is head.

Moon chose her next words carefully. She cautiously said, "Um...yeah. Didn't you already know that?"

Qibli scooted over and whispered in Turtle's ear, "This is ultra-confusing. Is he trying to kill us by confusing our brains?"

Turtle sighed. "That," he offered, "is exactly what I want to know."

This time, the dragon that looked like Turtle answered. "Of course we don't, we don't even know you!"

Peril snorted. "We don't either. But we know him." She pointed one flaming talon at Darkstalker. "He tried to destroy the universe."

Suddenly, the Nightwing sitting beside Darkstalker perked up. "I've just had an idea."

Every dragon looked at her expectantly. She cleared her throat and said, "I think...you are from the future."

This met cry's of outrage and surprise.

"That can't be right!" Shouted the other Nightwing. She rubbed her snout. "If they were from way forward, why would they know Darkstalker and not know us?"

Winter growled. "Not to mention that is impossible. The animus scroll is destroyed, and Turtle wouldn't mess with time." He looked at Turtle expectantly. "Right?"

Turtle yelped. "Of course! Why would I want to time travel anyway?"

Qibli shrugged. "We're just checking."

Suddenly, Moon got tense. She sighed in her bag, and brought out a scroll. The other dragons looked at her.

She opened it and raced her claw along the lines. Her claw stopped somewhere near the end and she smiled triumphantly, but it faded as she read it completely.

"What is it?" Asked Darkstalker curiously. Moon didn't lift her claw as she read, slightly wavering, "This is an old scroll I read once while I was looking for books, in St- a library. It's called the Legend of Golden Dust."

Everyone crowded around her, craning their necks to see the scroll.

"It says, there was an animus, a Skywing, that had been hidden and hadn't been killed like the others." The Turtle look-a-like paled. "Her name was Blitz, and she was taken in by her aunt when her mother and father were killed. One day she was flying with her aunt, when a storm started to kick in. They flew back to their cave, but her aunt w-was struck by lightning and obliterated. Blinded by grief, she believed that she could go back and change things for better, so she created golden dust that could send some dragon-" Moon paused, looking faint. "-back in time."

Qibli gaped. "Golden dust? That was what surrounded us before we landed here!"

"Shhhh," Ushered Moon, smiling. "The stories isn't over. Before Blitz could use the dust to save her aunt, it disappeared. The power of time could not be controlled. The dust has been speculated to appear over time, past, present, and future, and suck dragons into the time mess."

Turtle took a breath, and Kinkajou twined her tail around his. It wasn't a lot, but it made his heart flutter and he felt calmer.

Peril finally spoke. "So that means...we are in the past!"

Winter grumbled. "I can't believe I'm stuck with him."

The indigo coloured Seawing spoke for the first time. "That's all fine and whatever, but the problem really is...How are you going to get back?"

***

Hey everyone, thanks for reading this chapter! I honestly can't believe it; I made this story as a filler, something I wanted to see and do for fun. I didn't expect it to have so many update nags, wow! Thank you!

I'm sorry I couldn't update. I'm going to take extreme ownership and say I was just lazy. Sorry =-l

If you're curious, here is the RainWing chart I used to identify Kink's emotions.

That's about it, I think. See you guys!

-Ultra